Good news for OnePlus One phone users, you can download and install the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop to your mobile right now without having need to wait for official release.
Though this is not an official Lollipop ROM but if you are curious and not ready to wait for Google’s own update you can install it, thanks to developers out there who made it possible. Follow the procedures below to get started.
DISCLAIMER: This information is intended for experienced users only, please do not try the following method if you are not familiar with mobile phones. We will not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information.
- First download OnePlus One Android 5.0 Lollipop zip file from here and save it in your SD card.
- Turn off your device, remove the battery and put it back on, then press the power button and volume up button simultaneously to boot into bootloader mode
- Use volume button to navigate and power button to select, scroll down and select clear/format (We suggest doing Nandroid back-up first)
- Go to update/install menu and select the zip file you downloaded.
- Wait for few minutes for the installation process to complete and your OnePlus One will restart fully running Android Lollipop OS.
Remember this is not an official update, you may as well wait till the official one is release. Enjoy.