Ulefone has finally announced its long expected mid-end flagship device, Armor 2, which happened to be the second rugged smartphone ever to be released by the firm after the debut of Armor, its predecessor last year. The phone was expected to launch at MWC in February this year but unfortunately couldn’t meet up.
The Armor 2 is built to withstand some elements of nature. Foremost, it is IP68 waterproof and dustproof certified with the ability to survive in up to 1.5 meters deep of water for 60 minutes. Its rugged body structure is made of flexible-TPU, glass fiber, reinforced polycarbonate and metal materials, soft-paded around the edges with protective nubs that made the phone resistance against shock when dropped. It can also withstand extreme temperature ranging from -40ºC to 80ºC.
It has a dedicated SOS physical button on the left side alongside with volume bottons, while a dedicated camera button is placed on the right side of the phone alongside with Power and PTT buttons. The Armor 2 runs Android 7.0 Nougat OS and has a fingerprint sensor embedded underneath the physical home key.
Ulefone Armor 2 Complete Specs
- 5.0-inch display with full-HD (1920×1080) pixel resolution, 441PPI, Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 64-bit 2.6GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P25 processor, Mali-T880 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture; interpolated to 13MP
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer sensor
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.1, 4G LTE, 3G, 2G, GPS/A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4700mAh, Pump Express Plus 2.0 fast charging
- Dimensions: 159 x 78.3 × 14.5mm
- Weight: 270 grams
- Colour(s): Dark Gray, Gold
It is expected to costs about $269.99 when it go on pre-sale in China next week.