Xiaomi has made official its third flagship gaming smartphone under the “Black Shark” brand in China. The phone, which itself is called Black Shark 2, marked the company’s new devotion into creating something compact yet powerful to handle intensive gameplay without any compromise. The phone hardware have been upgraded in this manner to provide better gaming experience when compared with its predecessor.
Unlike several other flagships in the market, the Black Shark 2 is built for gaming. The hardware and software that govern the phone ecosystem are made with gaming in mind too. Powering the device is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 CPU with Adreno 640 embedded, while there is up to 12GB of RAM onboard to make games run as smooth as possible. The gaming device lacked external storage supports, which is kind of disappointing, but Xiaomi is offering the phone with up to 256GB storage.
The whole platform is built on Android mobile operating system, Android 9.0 Pie to be precise. Like the first model, the Black Shark 2 has its own custom UI layed on top to further customize settings and provide more options that will benefit gamers. One of these is “Magic Press” which makes use of the phone pressure sensitive display, this let users map buttons to the left and right of the screen that are pressure-responsive for game control. There is also a dedicated image processing chip that make use of four ambient light color sensors to enhance the displayed image and provide richer graphics details.
Furthermore, the Black Shark 2 has a more advanced liquid cooling system (Xiaomi called it Liquid Cool 3.0) built under the rear panel for dissipating heat during intense workload. According to Xiaomi, the cooling system can lower the temperature by up to 14°C. Optional cooling case accessory with built-in fan provided lowers the temperature further by 5°C.
The Black Shark 2 has nearly all the specs that you could expect on a flagship, a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.5:9 display made by Samsung with HDR and DCI-P3 support, 48MP+12MP dual rear camera, 20MP front camera, in-display fingerprint sensor, AI-controlled RGB lighting logo, stereo speakers and more. It however lacked a 3.5mm audio jack as audio is delivered by the USB-C port.
Black Shark 2 Specifications
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display with FHD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR, DCI-P3 color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- 64-bit 2.84GHz octa-core Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 built-in storage (non-expandable)
- 48-megapixel rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8µm pixel size, LED flash; secondary 12-megapixel rear camera (telephoto), f/2.2 aperture, 1µm pixel size
- 20-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 0.9μm pixel size,
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM
- Dual front-facing stereo speakers
- Connectivity: WiFi 80211ac (dual band + 2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, Dual 4G VoLTE, GPS/A-GPS, GLONASS/Beiduo, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum), 27W fast charging
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01×8.77mm
- Weight: 205 grams
- Color(s): Shadow Black, Frozen Silver, Mirage Blue
- Black Shark 2 6GB/128GB -> CNY 3199 (US$472)
- Black Shark 2 8GB/128GB -> CNY 3499 (US$521)
- Black Shark 2 8GB/256GB -> CNY 3799 (US$565)
- Black Shark 2 12GB/256GB -> CNY 4199 (US$625)
The phone is already available for order in China. No details on global rollout yet.
Update (May 27, 2019)
The Black Shark 2 launched in China in mid March, today, the company has introduced the smartphone in India. The gaming smartphone will be available on Flipkart from June 4th for Rs 39,999 (US$580) for the 6GB/128GB version, and Rs 49,999 (US$725) for the 12GB/256GB version.*ADS
**GET Ultimate Bet9ja Hacks and Secretes to Win #100K Daily (Grab your copy #2000 Only)- CLICK HERE
** Join [Bloggers Paradise] Whatsapp Group Here For Relevant Tips,Tricks,Hacks and All Supports Related Issues--CLICK HERE