Today at the IFA 2019, Sony Mobile has introduced its latest flagship device, the Xperia 5 – bringing with it a Full HD+ OLED display with a CinemaWide 21:9 aspect ratio. The display is further enhanced by the company’s proprietary BRAVIA X1 engine for mobile and X-Reality for mobile.
Speaking of the display, it features a 6.1-inch Full HD+ HDR OLED as already mentioned, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6, which also protect the rear of the phone. Like the firm Xperia 1 device that was released in March, the Xperia 5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, slammed with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage that is further expandable up to 512GB via MicroSD card.
The Xperia 5 sports triple rear camera – the second Sony smartphone to do so. The main camera uses a 12MP Exmor RS sensor with f/1.6 aperture and hybrid image stabilization (OIS/EIS); the secondary is a 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera (135°) with an f/2.4 aperture; while the third uses a 12MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture and hybrid image stabilization for 2x optical zoom.
The “Cinema Pro” feature, powered by CineAlta, embedded into the camera software let users record 21:9 4K HDR video at 24fps and to also manage color profiles and other things. Moreover, just like Xperia 1, the Xperia 5 offer Eye AF, which is an autofocus feature that track eye movement. At the front is an 8MP wide angle camera (84°) with an f/2.0 aperture with face unlock baked inside. Security can be further strengthened using the fingerprint sensor that is mounted to the side of the phone.
Other features include Pair Shortcut that let users launch two apps side-by-side on the screen, and Game Enhancer that optimize game performance without taking toll on the battery. Its waterproof body earned it IP68 rating, while it drawn its power from a 3140mAh battery with supports for fast charging.
Apart from the downgraded display and the battery, the Xperia 5 is basically the Xperia 1 in almost all other aspects.
Sony Xperia 5 Specifications
- 6.1-inch Full HD+ (2520×1080 pixel) OLED HDR TRILUMINOS display, 21:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 6 (front and back), BRAVIA X1 for mobile, X-Reality mobile engine
- 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB built-in storage (expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card)
- 12MP rear camera with 1/2.6” Exmor RS sensor, f/1.6 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, hybrid image stabilization (OIS/EIS), predictive capture, LED flash; secondary 12MP ultra-wide-angle rear camera (135°), f/2.4 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size; 12MP telephoto lens, 45° FOV, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, hybrid image stabilization (OIS/EIS), 2x optical zoom, 21:9 4K HDR video recording, 960p slow-mo recording
- 8MP front camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens, 1/4″ Exmor RS sensor
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Single / Dual SIM
- Water and dust resistant (IP65/IP68)
- Stereo speaker, LDAC, DSEE HX, Dolby Atmos; USB Type-C Audio
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + MIMO), Bluetooth 5 LE, 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPRS/EDGE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Battery: 3,140mAh, Xperia Adaptive Charging, USB Power Delivery
- Colour(s): Black, Grey, Red, Blue
Sales for the phone will begin in select markets from October, with the price set at £699 (US$862). It can be ordered in the U.K from September 18th.ADS=>GET Ultimate Bet9ja Hacks and Secretes to Win #100K Daily (Grab your copy #2000 Only)- CLICK HERE