LG at the IFA 2019 in Berlin announced the G8X ThinQ, its latest flagship device under the “G” series for global market, however, the phone will be called V50S ThinQ 5G in the firm homeland, which is South Korea. The Global G8X ThinQ will only supports 4G, while the South Korea exclusive V50S ThinQ will supports 5G, the company revealed. The phones are basically the same apart from the difference in their network bands.
Technically, it features 6.4-inch FHD+ OLED display and comes with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of internal storage, with a MicroSD slot provided to expand the storage up to 2TB. Sitting at the back is 16MP+13MP dual rear camera, while it housed a 32MP camera at the front. The G8X ThinQ has facial recognition baked into its front camera for face unlock in addition to its under-display fingerprint reader for biometric authentication.
The usual 32-bit HiFi Quad DAC and stereo speakers are onboard for immersive listening pleasure, and so are the MIL-STD 810G military certification for its durability and IP68 rating for water and dust resistant. The device runs Android 9.0 Pie with a revamped UI that have new icons and cleaner interface. It is fuelled by a 4000mAh battery with supports for Quick Charge 3.0.
The G8X ThinQ supports the Dual-Screen accessory, which has been redesigned to enhance its flexibility when connected to the device. The 6.2-inch Full HD+ (2160×1080) OLED Dual-Screen accessory is an add-on that further extend the multitasking ability of the phone. Unlike the previous model that can only be connected via the POGO pin, the new model can be connected through USB.
In addition, this has a secondary 2.1-inch Monochrome Cover display that provides basic information such as time, remaining battery, network bar, alarm, and other notifications when closed. The hinge has been improved too as it can now be flipped up to 360-degree.
LG G8X ThinQ / V50S ThinQ 5G Specifications
- 6.4-inch FullVision OLED display with Full HD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB (V50S ThinQ) LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB / 256GB (V50S ThinQ) built-in storage (expandable up to 2TB via MicroSD card)
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, 78-degree FoV; secondary 13-megapixel wide-angle lens (136°), f/2.4 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, LED flash, 4K video recording
- 32-megapixel front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, 78-degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Google Assistant
- Security: Face unlock, in-display fingerprint sensor
- Dustproof and Waterproof (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Stereo speakers
- Connectivity: 5G (V50S ThinQ), 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5 LE, 3G, GPS, NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C (USB 3.1 compatible), 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Battery: 4,000mAh (non-removable), Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: :159.3 x 75.8 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 192 grams
Pricing and availability will be announce at a later date.
Update: Price and Availability Revealed (October 10, 2019)
LG has revealed the pricing of the V50S ThinQ 5G for South Korea and the availability for the region. The phone will start selling from October 11 via top mobile carriers, including SK Telekom, LG Uplus, and KT, at a price of KRW 11,99,000 (US$1,003). The pricing/availability details of the global G8X ThinQ will be announced soon, the company said.ADS=>GET Ultimate Bet9ja Hacks and Secretes to Win #100K Daily (Grab your copy #2000 Only)- CLICK HERE