As expected, at an event hosted by Vivo in China earlier today, the firm has introduced its latest flagship mobile device, the NEX 3. The latest offering in the “NEX” series have all the bells-and-whistles that define most gaming smartphones that were released recently, but it is not clarified or labelled as such, mainly because the firm have the “IQOO” series to cater to the gaming sector. The standard model supports only 4G, but there is also a 5G model (NEX 3 5G) with identical specs.
The NEX 3 screen is one of its major highlights. Vivo introduced what it called “Waterfall” display, which is basically a display with extremely curved edges that nearly hit 90° mark on both side, enabling the phone to achieve a never-seen-before 99.6% screen-to-body ratio. The screen estate is 6.89-inch in size and it uses Super AMOLED for backlighting, however, you still get the Full HD+ resolution, which has become the norm for today’s flagships.
Since there is hardly any space at the front to accommodate additional hardware apart from the display and the earpiece, Vivo opted to use a mechanical elevating system for the front camera―this has a 16MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture. Moreover, The NEX 3 does not use physical press button for its side keys but touch-sensitive ones that are responsive to pressure, with a custom vibration system baked inside. The “X Axis Haptic” engine intelligently customized the vibration based on users activity, such as when gaming.
In addition, the touch keys has a separate independent power supply that keep them functioning, even when the phone is off. Located at the back are three cameras in a triangle formation, with a 64MP Samsung ISOCELL BRIGHT GW1 sensor taking the lead, followed by a 13MP ultra-wide angle camera and a 13MP telephoto lens. Various features are embedded into the camera software, among these are “Portrait Master’s Hyper HDR” for the front camera for dynamic facial foreground and background backlight adjustments, and “Super Night Mode 2.0”.
The Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm chipset powered the NEX 3, coupled with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage. There is no MicroSD slot onboard. Vivo integrated a vapor chamber cooling system to lessen the CPU temperature by 10°. The phone boots Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box, while an in-display fingerprint sensor provides the biometric security. It have dual SIM slot, 3.5mm headphones jack, and packed a 4500mAh battery with 44W fast charging supports.
Vivo NEX 3 Specifications
- 6.89-inch Waterfall Super AMOLED display with FHD+ (2256×1080) resolution, 800 nits brightness, HDR10
- 64-bit 2.96GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 built-in storage (non-expandable)
- 64-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash; secondary 8-megapixel ultra-wide angle lens (120°), 13MP telephoto lens
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Funtouch OS 9.1
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Hi-Fi DAC
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 5G, WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 4500mAh, / 4410mAh (typical/minimum), 44W fast charging
- Dimensions: 167.44×76.18×9.4mm
- Weight: 218 grams
The 4G model comes in 8GB RAM/128GB storage version and is priced at CN¥ 4998 (US$707), while the NEX 3 5G comes in 8GB/256GB and 12GB/256GB versions, priced at CN¥ 5698 (US$806) and CN¥ 6198 (US$876), respectively. Sales will begin on September 21st.ADS=>GET Ultimate Bet9ja Hacks and Secretes to Win #100K Daily (Grab your copy #2000 Only)- CLICK HERE