Xiaomi at an event it hosted in China on Tuesday introduced its first 5G smartphone, the Mi 9 Pro 5G. The “Pro” and the “5G” in its naming signals the present of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset and Snapdragon X50 modem, both of which the non-pro model that was released in February lacked. Moreover, this also backed a larger battery with a new state-of-the-art ultra fast charging.
The Mi 9 shared the same display with the Mi 9, we are talking about a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with a screen-to-body ratio of 90.7%, protected by Gorilla Glass 6. The cameras are the same too – 48MP+12MP+16MP triple camera at the back and a 20MP camera at the front. However, as previously mentioned, the overclocked Snapdragon 855 Plus and the overclocked Adreno 640 GPU coupled with it will deliver a better performance compared to the Snapdragon 855 processor that powered the Mi 9.
Xiaomi also revealed that the vibration motor has been improved to deliver stronger yet shorter vibration response for the haptic feedback system, with more custom vibration response put in place to cater to different interactive sessions. Security is provided by optical in-display fingerprint sensor and face unlock. Apart from the chipset, another new thing that Mi 9 Pro 5G brings is an ultra fast 45W wired charging that can charge the phone 4000mAh battery from 0% to 100% within 48 minutes.
It also supports 30W fast wireless charging and up to 10W reverse wireless charging. Xiaomi cite that the iPhone XS Max can be reverse wirelessly charged using the Mi 9 Pro 5G up to 20% within 30 minutes. The phone comes with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of storage.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G Specifications
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display with FHD+ (2280×1080) resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, 90.7% screen-to-body ratio, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass 6
- 2.96GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 PlusMobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU; Game Turbo
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB / 256GB / 512GB built-in storage (non-expandable)
- 48MP 1/2″ Sony IMX586 rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, LAF, CAF, LED flash; secondary 12MP telephoto lens, f/2.2 aperture, 1μm pixel size, 2x lossless zoom; 16MP ultra-wide-angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1μm pixel size
- 20MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture; face unlock
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Optical in-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 5G, WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + 2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, dual band GPS (L1+L5) /GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh, fast charging (45W), fast wireless charging (30W)
- Dimensions: 157.21×74.64×8.95mm
- Weight: 196 grams
- Mi 9 Pro 5G with 8GB/128GB -> CNY 3699 ($520 USD)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G with 8GB/256GB -> CNY 3799 ($534 USD)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G with 12GB/256GB -> CNY 4099 ($577 USD)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G with 12GB/512GB -> CNY 4299 ($605 USD)
Sales will start from September 29th in China, but it can be pre-order from today. Titanium Black and Dream White are the color options.ADS=>GET Ultimate Bet9ja Hacks and Secretes to Win #100K Daily (Grab your copy #2000 Only)- CLICK HERE