Basic Technology Examination Questions and Answers for Junior School students (JSS1)
Instructions: Answer all questions in SECTION A and FIVE questions in SECTION B. marks will be awarded to neatness in draughmanship .
Each question in Section A is followed by four options, choose the correct option for each question and shade the correct answer corresponding to the option you have chosen in your answer sheet.
SECTION A: OBJECTIVES TEST
1. The application of a scientific know-how to solve societal problems is referred to as ______ A. Arts B. Culture C. Technology D. Drawing
2. The portion on the paper set aside for necessary information such as size, name of object, name and date of drawing is called the _________ A. Borderline B. Drawing space C. Title block D. Information table
3. For safety purpose a good workshop should have the following EXCEPT _____ A. A very smooth and tiled floor B. Adequate ventilation C. Effective space allocation D. Correct ceiling height
4.Which of the following is NOT a reason for studying technology?
A. Acquisition of skills B. Safety C. Pride D. Self empowerment
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
5. Distance “P” in the sketch below measures ___________mm
A.22mm B. 29mm C. 0.26mm D. 28.3mm
6. Protective clothes are worn in the workshop to ensure _____ to the workers A. Accident B. Safety C. Wetness D. Fashion
7. Technological growth of any society encourages A. Dependency
B. White Collar jobs C. Industrial strike D. Self reliance
8.The polygon drawn below is referred to as _______
9. Heptagon B. Pentagon C. Hexagon D. Octagon
10.Which of the following is a good conductor of heat? A. Rubber B. Copper C. Wood D. Ceramics
11. All of the following are engineering materials EXCEPT ______ A. Metal B. Ceramics C. Air D. Rubber
12. Which of these appliance does NOT belong to the group? A. Electric cooker B. Water heater C. Electric fan D. Electric iron
13. A car can be lifted by one of the following simple machines A. Wedge B. lever C. Screwjack D. Inclined plane
14. The property of metal that gives it shinny appearance is called ______ A. Ductility B. Elasticity C. Lustre D. Malleability
15. The development of technology in any country requires a great deal of _____ A. political campaigns B. Interest, determination and hardwork C. soicalamenities D. Cultural jamborees
16. The tool drawn below is a typical example of _____ tool Wordwork B. Metalwork C. Driving D. Ceramic work
17. An alloy is defined as __________ A. The simplest form of a chemical reaction B. Element that are very reactive in nature C. A combination of two or more metals D. An electronic configuration of elements.
18. The triangle shown above is ________ A. equilateral B. Isosceless C. Acute D. Scale
19. Which of these is NOT one of the safety rules for machine users? A. Work only with properly guarded machines B. Switch off machine after use C. Distract a machine operator D. Do not lean on running machine
20. On drawing sheet, all horizontal lines are drawn with _____ A. Set-squares B. Ruler C. Tee-square D. Compass
21. Circle and arcs are best drawn with _________ A. Set-squares B. Drawing boards C. Compasses D. Protractor
22. The drawing instrument shown below is used for drawing______ A. Curve lines B. Horizontal lines C. Zig-zag lines D. Long-short lines
23. Which of the following is regarded as safe working habit in the workshop A. Putting sharp edge tools in the pocket B. Distracting a machine operator C. Keeping tools carelessly D. Avoiding congested working area.
24. Class “A” fire agents are listed below EXCEPT one is not among the group A. Oil B. Wood C. Paper D. Cloth
25. Which of these is a disadvantage of an under-developed technology
A. It saves time and energy B. It helps in economic growth C. It does thing manually D. It makes life comfortable.
26. A quadrilateral with all sides equal but no right angle is a ________ A. Cube B. Rhombus C. Square D. Rectangle
27. Which of these devices is used to convert mechanical energy into electrical energy? A. Table fan B. Electric motor C. Electric lamp D. Generator
28. The drawing instrument shown below is used for drawing __________A. Curves B. Letters C. Angles D. Circles
29. The construction carried out below demonstrates A. bisection of line B. Perpendicular line
C. Bisection of angle D. Division
30. Which of the following is a product of developed technology? A. Broom B. Box-iron C. Letter D. Tricycle
31. The following are basic needs for development EXCEPT ____ A. Flowering plant B. Schools C. Hospitals D. Bridges
32. Metals that contains iron are called _____ A. Lustre B. Ferrous C. Aluminum D. Lead
33. Deciduous trees possess the following features EXCEPT ____ A. The seeds are enclosed in cases B. Broad leaves C. Evergreen leaves D. It has heavy heart wood
34. The part of the cross section of the tree trunk labeled “P” is referred to as ____ A. Medullary rays B. Sap C. Cambium D. Pith
35. The part of a tree that carries soap or moisture content is called ____ A. Root B. Pith C. Back D. Cambium
36. Which of the following is NOT an example of a coniferous tree? A. Pine B. Spruce C. Whispering tree D. Iroko
37. Walk, do not run in the workshop is a measure for _____ A. Load B. Effort C. Safety D. Services
38. The attention given to machine to avoid major break is called ____ maintenance A. Preventive B. Corrective C. Predictive D. Routine
39. A device that put off flames in case of fire outbreak in the workshop is called _____ A Tool box B. Extinguisher C. Hose D. Brittle
40. The act of care and attention given to machine for it to last longer is known as ___ A. Hauling B. Safety C. processing D. Maintenance
41. The best instrument in drawing practice for transferring measurement is called ______ A. Compass B. Tee-square C. Ruler D. A pair of divider
42. The following are examples of a drawing paper EXCEPT ___ A. A 1/2 B. A3 C. A0 D. A4
43. One of these is NOT a first aid material A. Plaster B. Hand gloves
C. Nails D. Cotton Wool
44. Which of the following is represented by the sketch of the simple machine shown below Knife B. Bottle opener C. Scissors D. Pliers
45. The simple machine below represents what class of level A. 1st B. 2nd C. 3rd D. O
46. An arrangement that makes work simple with less stress is called ____ A. Iron B. Hammer C. Deciduous D. Machine.
47. The correct definition of mechanical advantage, M. A is ____ A. Load-effort B. Load + effort D. Load ÷ effort D. Load x effort
48. The following are natural resources for transferring technology EXCEPT _____ A. Machine B. trees C. Crude oil D. Gold
49. An electric kettle has a body made of ______ A. Wood B. Alluminum C. Steel D. Rubber
50. The purpose of mechanical advantage in a machine is to ______
A. Avoid stress on the machine B. Check the efficiency of the machine C. reduce the strength of the machine D. Increase damage on the machine
51. Brass is an alloy of _____ and _____ A. Copper, Zinc B. Bronze, tin C. Aluminium, lead D. Tin, Silver
SECTION B: THEORY
Answer any five questions
1a. What is workshop safety?
b. Mention five safe working habit in the school workshop
2a. Define the term technology?
b. Differentiate between developed and under-developed technology with one economic activity for each.
3a. What is Mechanical advantage of a simple machine?
b. Explain the principle of operation of first and second order lever machine with one application each.
4a. Describe an alloy?
b. List FOUR types of alloy
5a. Define the term maintenance
b. List Three types of maintenance and explain each one
6a. What is First Aid Treatment?
b. Calculate the mechanical advantage in a screwjack needed to lift a load 90kg with an applied effort of 15kg.
PAPER II–PRACTICAL DRAWING
1. Draw a title block 150 x 50 and print the following informations
(a) School (b) Name (c) Class (d) Title (f) Date
2. Make a large freehand sketch of a claw hammer
3. Draw a line of 120mm and divide it into 6 equal parts.
4a. Construct a bisection on a hire AB = 90mm
b. Draw a circle of radius 40mm and divide it into 8 equal sector