The field of educational psychology has a rich history, and it’s a field that affects everyone. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best online degrees in educational psychology available today. The list includes Boston University, Northeastern University, Teachers College at Columbia University, Penn State World Campus, and more.
Boston University is one of New England’s oldest private institutions of higher education. It offers an online Master’s in Educational Psychology, which can be completed entirely online and requires only a few weeks of coursework. The program also has a robust cohort environment that allows students to work together on research projects and collaborate with faculty members on their projects throughout the semester.
Boston University also offers an online doctoral program in Educational Psychology. Students attend classes at Boston University over three semesters before completing their dissertation through distance learning or face-to-face interactions between faculty members and students at various times throughout each semester’s coursework schedule (depending upon when you enroll).
Northeastern University is a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. It was founded in 1898 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet as a private institution before becoming public (although it remains fully Jesuit) in 1969 and received its current name in 1971. The university is named after Saint Stephen Harding (1638–1720), the first president of the Province of New York and the founder of Rhode Island College.
Northeastern’s main campus spans over 1,000 acres (4 km²) on Northeastern’s waterfront land that faces Boston Harbor and gives students access to many recreational activities, including sailing on the Schuylkill River; hiking through forests; skiing at nearby Mount Washington; or visiting historical landmarks such as Faneuil Hall Marketplace or Paul Revere House.
Teachers College, Columbia University
Teachers College, Columbia University offers a Masters of Arts in Education with a concentration in Educational Psychology. The program is designed for individuals seeking careers as teachers or administrators who wish to work with children and young adults. Students will learn about how children learn, how they process information, what factors affect their attitudes and beliefs about learning, and how educators can use this knowledge to improve their teaching practices.
Penn State World Campus
Penn State World Campus is a branch of Penn State University. It offers online degrees in many subjects, including educational psychology.
- In Puerto Rico: The campus has been around for about 10 years and currently offers two undergraduate programs: an applied social science major and a bachelor’s degree in education with an emphasis on teaching English as a second language (ESL). You can also get your master’s or doctorate here if you want to teach at the high school level.
- In China: This branch is in Beijing and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees from its School of Education & Human Development. They have over 30 openings for incoming students every year!
University of Massachusetts – Boston
UMass Boston is a public university in Boston, Massachusetts. It’s part of the state university system and has more than 30,000 students on its campus. UMass Boston has over 100 programs and degree options offered by several different colleges, including:
- College of Continuing Education (CCE) – This department offers bachelor’s degrees in liberal arts, business administration, psychology, and nursing. CCE also offers two-year certificates in teaching English as a second language; criminal justice; elementary education; gifted education/advanced placement courses for high school students through Lifelong Learning Institute courses.
- The School of Social Sciences & Humanities offers bachelor’s degrees with concentrations in anthropology; history/political science/international relations; sociology & anthropology.*School of Education – This school offers bachelor’s degrees with concentrations in early childhood development education or special education administration
American College of Education
The American College of Education is an Arizona private, nonprofit school. It was founded in 1995 and offered online degrees from its location, including a Master of Arts in Education degree.
The ACOE’s admission requirements are as follows:
- Submit high school transcripts
- Apply for financial aid if you qualify (you may not be eligible to receive it)
- Take the GRE or submit scores from another test that is equivalent to it (such as the GMAT)
George Mason University
The George Mason University School of Education and Human Development has an online master’s degree in educational psychology. This program is accredited by the American Psychological Association, which means you can use it to get your Ph.D.
The program is designed for working professionals who want to become educators or counselors who work with children and youth. It will give you an understanding of how learning works through cognitive science, developmental theory, and research methods used over several decades. You’ll also learn about ethical issues related to teaching psychology at all levels (elementary school through graduate school).
University of Southern California
Regarding online degrees in educational psychology, the University of Southern California has the largest number of students enrolled in online programs. The top-ranked USC online program is “Educational Psychology—Master’s.” It’s offered by the school’s School of Education and holds an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars on Course Report, which means that it’s considered “excellent” by its students and teachers.
USC also offers several other types of educational psychology degrees:
- Undergraduate Certificate Program (UCP)—This program lets you earn credits from various courses that cover topics such as diversity and inclusion, parenting styles; assessment methods for children with special needs, cognitive learning theories such as metacognition, or self-regulation.
Which country is best for educational psychology?
Who is the most famous educational psychologist?
The best online degrees in educational psychology are found at the above universities. These schools offer a wide range of courses and options to fit your educational needs, whether you want to specialize in one area or go broad by taking classes across several disciplines. If you’re looking for a new career path or want to get more information about what school would be best for you, check out these schools today!