Cat at the MWC2016 launched the world’s first smartphone with integrated thermal camera, S60. Today, the company has announced an upgraded model of the rugged device dubbed S61. This has an improved high-definition integrated thermal imaging camera made by FLIR that can read temperatures from as low as -20℃ to 400℃, with the ability to live stream thermal video.
The S61 unlike its predecessor has an indoor air quality sensor (made by Sensirion) that can alert users of high levels of indoor air pollutants (VOCs). In addition, the phone is also equipped with a laser assisted distance measurement, which can measure point-to-point distance of up 10 meters and calculate the area as well.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
It inherits most of the ruggedness of the S60, including the MIL-STD 810G certification for extreme temperature and pressure, shock-resistant, dustproof, and drop-proof from a height of up to 1.8m. It is IP68 certified for waterproof and can survive in up to 3m deep of water for 60 minutes, including in salt water.
Most of the technical specs have been upgraded too. The Cat S61 now boasts a larger 5.2-inch Full HD display that is Gorilla Glass protected. It runs Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box; packs an octa-core Snapdragon 630 processor; sports 16MP+8MP cameras, and is fuelled by a 4500mAh battery.
Cat S61 Full Specifications
- 5.2-inch Super Bright outdoor display with Full HD (1920×1080) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform, Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB built-in storage (expandable via MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera, Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), dual LED flash
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- FLIR Lepton thermal camera
- Laser assisted distance measurement
- Indoor air quality sensor
- MIL-STD 810G certification; IP68 waterproof
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500mAh, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0
- Dimension: 148.35 x 73.4 x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
The S61 will have MSRP price tag of €899 in Europe and £799 in the U.K. Cat will showcase the phone at MWC next week.
◊[Easy BET and WIN 100%] Click Here To Get Daily Sure Football Predictions From Team Of Experts. --CLICK HERE
◊Join 1xbit and Bet in Crypto, Receive welcome Bonus up to 7 BTC --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE