The University of Pretoria is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students into their Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship for students. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship
The University of Pretoria is a research-intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its research endeavour.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
As part of South Africa’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, the University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students).
This scholarship is known as the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship and will be awarded competitively. The University of Pretoria has an established reputation for academic excellence, particularly in relation to its major research activities.
University of Pretoria Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibility
In a year, a candidate is eligible for a scholarship provided the following criteria are met:
1. Citizens of Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply. Citizens of South Africa are not eligible.
2. The scholarship can be used at Pretoria University.
3. Applicants must have finished a degree that will allow them to enter a PhD program within the next three years of applying for this grant.
4. At the time of application, applicants must be under the age of 35.
5. Students pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at the University of Pretoria are not eligible to apply.
This Doctoral Scholarship will be worth R150 000. This money must pay for the following expenses for students:
1. Accommodation and living costs
2. Fees p.a.
3. Medical Aid p.a.
5. Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor
The University will fund the following additional costs:
1. A return flight ticket from your native country is required.
2. Shuttle service from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria upon arrival in South Africa, and from Pretoria to OR Tambo upon completion.
3. Fees for the application and visa will be returned upon submission of evidence of receipts.
Expenses not reimbursed by the institution:
1. Expenses for the family
2. Charges for additional baggage
University of Pretoria Commonwealth Scholarship Selection Criteria
The award of this scholarship will be based on:
1. Academic performance
2. Potential to undertake advanced research activities
3. Leadership qualities
4. Evidence of research accomplishment at the masters’ level through publications or other appropriate products of the work undertaken
5. Prizes and honours received.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit the following documentation to the University of Pretoria in order to be considered for this scholarship:
1. An appropriate academic supervisor at the University agreeing and motivating the candidate to work under their supervision.
2. An outline of the research project they want to do (one A4 page)
3. The UP Application Form.
4. CV (Curriculum Vitae) – 4 pages maximum
5. Two copies of certified passports,
6. Complete academic transcripts for all degrees earned.
7. 2 letters of recommendation from professors/supervisors who are familiar with the applicant’s academic performance. Referees should be asked to comment on the qualities of the candidate in the following areas:
8. Previous academic achievements
9. Their Master’s studies show their research ability.
10. Suitability for the proposed research
11. The potential for doctoral study in the chosen field.
12. Printed version Application Format: Submitted to the Consultant at the Client Service Centre, as well as the recommended supervisor, along with the needed supporting documents or
13. Format of electronic application: Inform the proposed supervisor and provide the “T” number details and accompanying documentation to the Consultant at the Client Service Centre.
We cherish your opinion, and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship, kindly subscribe with your email address to our newsletter.