How to fill JAMB form 2021/2022: Do you want to register for JAMB 2021/2022 and you are wondering how to fill JAMB UTME form 2021 or wondering “how does jamb form look like”? Then, continue reading this guide.
This article covers everything on how to fill jamb form 2021, how to register for jamb 2021, jamb 2021 registration guide, how to register for UTME 2021, registration guide for JAMB 2021/2022.
This article will guide you on how to successfully fill JAMB form 2021 and complete your registration without making any mistake!
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
In case you didn’t know, JAMB has made the use of NIN compulsory for JAMB 2021 registration for both UTME and Direct Entry (DE) candidates.
In other words, you will not be able to register for JAMB 2021 unless you have your NIN.
- How To Get Your NIN Easily (Complete Guide)
- How to Get JAMB Profile Code and e-PIN for JAMB Reistration
WARNING: You do not fill your JAMB registration form in form of paper/hardcopy. JAMB form is filled online on JAMB portal at an accredited centre only!
Even if you fill your details on paper before registration, make sure you are present at the accredited centre in person and check that your details are properly filled.
One of the common mistakes some UTME candidates make is filling the WRONG details. Some of these mistakes will cost you A LOT to correct. Those who fail to correct them may end up losing their admission offer later during the year.
If you follow my simple guidelines below, you will be able to fill your JAMB form easily without any mistake!
Before I show you, there are some things you need to know/do before you go to a JAMB accredited centre to fill your registration form.
If you are not interested and you just want to know how to fill JAMB form only, click here to jump right to that section of the article. Otherwise, take your time to go through it, as I am sure you will find it helpful.
Things To Know Before Filling Your JAMB Form
WRITE DOWN YOUR CHOICES OF INSTITUTION/COURSE
You want to make sure that you already know the schools and courses you want to fill on JAMB portal before you go to the accredited centre.
I have seen some people that go to JAMB accredited centre to register for JAMB without having an idea of what and where they want to apply for.
On getting there, they start seeking people’s opinion. The truth is you know yourself, nobody knows you. Don’t allow anyone to mislead you!
Get a paper/book, write out your first choice institution/course up till the fourth choice. This will help you make the registration process FASTER!
Before you start choosing your schools/courses, you have to take note of the following:
- You can only choose one Federal university: Once you choose a Federal university as your first choice, you cannot fill any other Federal university.
- You can choose a State university as your First/second choice: If you choose a Federal university as your first choice, you can put a state university as your second choice. However, you cannot put a Federal university as second choice as most of them do not accept.
- Some state universities do not accept second choice: Few State universities like Lagos State University (LASU), Delta State University (DELSU) and some others do not accept second choice for admission anymore. So before filling a state university as your second choice, make sure to check they actually accept it. How to know if your state university accept second choice? Check their Post UTME admission form for 2018/2021 and see the requirements the school stated for candidates to apply. If the school accepts second choice or not, you will find it when you check for their 2018/2021 Post UTME form
- Your third choice should be a Polytechnic/College of Education: If you have any Polytechnic/College of education whether Federal, state or private, then you should consider putting then in your third choice. However, you may decide to put it in your second choice too but most of them accepts third choice. See the list of school that accepts third choice for admission in 2021 here.
- Your fourth choice MUST be an innovative enterprise: You cannot do anything but to choose one innovative enterprise as your fourth choice of institution while filling your JAMB form.
YOU CAN APPLY FOR JAMB WITH AN AWAITING RESULT
Have you sat for WAEC/NECO/NABETEB previously but you have not cleared your result OR have you not sat for an O’level exam before? If you are planning to write WAEC/NECO in 2021, you can still register for JAMB.
A lot of people still think it is a MUST to have your O’level result before you register for JAMB. This is very far from the truth.
You can start and complete your JAMB registration without having an O’level result yet.
- How To Gain Admission In 2021 Using Awaiting Result
- (GUIDE) Check If Your O’level Result Has Been Uploaded On JAMB Portal
YOU DO NOT NEED A PASSPORT
One thing I have seen UTME candidates going for registration do is to take their passports along with them. This is totally unnecessary as it will not be used.
As a matter of fact, JAMB has stated that no accredited centre should scan passports from candidates. Rather, they will take your picture clearly with the webcam at the JAMB accredited centre. So, don’t waste money on passports for now.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS
Some candidates take email used during JAMB registration with levity. This should not be so as your email address is really important during and after registration.
In fact, you can use your email address to get your JAMB 2021 exam slip. You may also need it to reset to your password if you ever forget the password to your JAMB profile.
So, when you want to register for JAMB 2021, make sure you use a valid email address that you can still log into.
YOU ALSO NEED YOUR NIN
You are probably wondering – What is the meaning of NIN?
NIN stands for National Identification Number.
Initially, JAMB had make NIN compulsory for all candidates who wish to register for JAMB 2020. Later, it was cancelled in 2020 and JAMB made it known that NIN will be required for JAMB 2021 registration.
The latest news now is that JAMB will require NIN use for JAMB registration 2021.
Now that you know those, here is how to fill your JAMB form 2021/2022 successfully:
How To Fill JAMB Form 2021/2022 On JAMB Portal
How does jamb form look like? Well, you will see at the registration centre (i.e CBT centre or state office).
However, there is no such thing as “hardcopy JAMB registration form”. You can only use those to fill in your details ahead of going to the registration centre.
So, how do you fill JAMB form then?
- Get your profile code
- Get your e-PIN
- Proceed to registration centre to fill the form and complete biometric verification.
So, let’s get started.
STEP 1 – Getting your Profile Code
- First, you need to obtain your NIN. Click here to see how to get NIN for JAMB registration.
- Let’s say that your NIN is “12345678910″, send an SMS in the format “NIN 12345678910” to 55019 (without the two “).
- You will receive a 10 digits profile code on the SIM card you sent it with.
The phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the candidate’s 2021 application, Examination and Admission. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THE SIM NUMBER USED, IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION WITH THE BOARD BY OBTAINING UTME/DE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS, A CANDIDATE HAS ACCEPTED TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES FROM JAMB (55019) EVEN WHEN THE “DO NOT DISTURB” IS ACTIVATED.
STEP 2 – Getting your JAMB e-PIN
Usually, you can obtain your e-PIN at:
- JAMB state offices nationwide
- JAMB accredited centres
- Approved banks ((ACCESS, ECO, FCMB, FIDELITY, FIRSTBANK, FCMB, HERITAGE, JAIZ, KEYSTONE, Polaris, STERLING, TAJ, UNION, UBA and UNITY))
- NIPOST offices
- Online Payment Platforms: Capricorn Digital limited, cloud interactive Associates, e-transact, Funds and electronic Transfer, Interswitch(Quickteller)Upperlink, Itex Integrated Services, System Specs (Remita) and Unified Payment Services (UPS), Remita platform, Jumia pay.
I have personally used Remita to obatin e-PIN for several candidates. It is less stressful, easy and fast.
However, if you are not sure of what to do, feel free to go to any Bank, CBT centre or JAMB state office around you.
STEP 3 – Complete your registration at a CBT centre.
Well, I’m sure I don’t need to explain this, do I?
However, take note of the following:
Candidates are to:
- Pay NOT more than N700 as Service Charge to the CBT Centre
- Provide Biodata including Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, among others
- Provide choice of institutions and programmes (disciplines)
- Provide qualiﬁcation with grades and dates, if not awaiting result
- Upload relevant certiﬁcates, if not awaiting result
- O/L and or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting results should supply the results online as soon as they are available on JAMB’s portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her result on JAMB portal
- Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional certiﬁcates for DE only
- Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for
- Mock examination (optional)
- Examination for UTME (actual examination)
- Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph)
- Do Biometric enrolment (ten ﬁngers)
- Review entries and conﬁrm correctness
- Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION
- Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD
- Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration
- There will be no ofﬂine registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real time online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Ofﬁces. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
OTHER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- All candidates must mandatorily register their proﬁles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the ePIN
- The registration fee is non-refundable
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions
- All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc. These ﬁnancial institutions are to be present at the CBT centres for the purpose of collecting all No CBT centre staff is allowed to conduct direct cash transaction with the candidates
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration
- Multiple registrations are not Candidates who register more than once will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed
- Candidates should note that they are required to be present and take live photograph which will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters. No scanned/stapled passport photograph is allowed
How To Fill JAMB Form JAMB 2021 In Foreign Countries
- Registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is $20 or its equivalent in each of the eight countries
- Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete and submit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as indicated on the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”Can I Register For JAMB 2021 With Awaiting Result?” answer-0=”Yes, you can register for JAMB 2021 UTME with awaiting result. In this article, I have discussed extensively how you can go about that.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”Can I Register For JAMB Without Getting NIN?” answer-1=”No, According to the JAMB Registrar, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, all candidates must obtain their National Identification Number (NIN) before they can be allowed to register for JAMB in 2021.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”How Can I Get My NIN For JAMB Registration 2021?” answer-2=”You can register and get your NIN at NIMC enrolment centres and JAMB accredited CBT centres nationwide.” image-2=”” headline-3=”h3″ question-3=”Can I Use The Same NIN With My Brother/Sister/Friend?” answer-3=”Totally not. The National Identification Number (NIN) is unique to each candidate and cannot be used by more than one person.” image-3=”” headline-4=”h3″ question-4=”How Can I Register For JAMB Mock 2021?” answer-4=”You can easily register for JAMB mock exam by indicating during the registration process at JAMB accredited centres. You will however need to register as soon as the form is out.” image-4=”” headline-5=”h3″ question-5=”When Will JAMB Registration 2021 Start And End?” answer-5=”JAMB registration for 2021/2022 will start on January 13, 2021 and end on February 17, 2021.” image-5=”” count=”6″ html=”true” css_class=””]
- JAMB Secrets: 10 Things You Must Know Before Your UTME
- Proven Tips To Pass JAMB 2021 In One Sitting
- How To Read For JAMB And Remember Everything In The Exam Hall
- How To Pass JAMB With Past Questions
Latest JAMB Updates 2021
- JAMB Exam Date 2021 Announced: See When UTME Will Start
- Latest JAMB News 2021
- JAMB Cut Off Marks 2021/2022 For All Universities, Polytechnic And Colleges Of Education
- JAMB Form 2021 Price [The Complete Breakdown]
Do you still have any more question related to JAMB 2021? Feel free to use the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share the article using the share buttons below.