ZTE is back and better after much debacle in the past weeks. The firm at the ongoing IFA event in Berlin announced the Axon 9 Pro, its latest addition in the Axon series and its first smartphone to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor.
The Axon 9 Pro is made to be a flagship as all specs pointed out. It features a 6.21-inch AMOLED display with a notch at the top and the resolution set at 2248×1080 pixel. The display is HDR10 certified for HDR contents consumption. It has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, which unfortunately is non-expandable.
The Axon 9 Pro sports 12MP+20MP dual rear camera— the primary camera having an f/1.75 aperture, while the secondary has a 130-degree wide-angle lens. Gallantly sitting at the front is a 20MP camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
The phone has a glass back with wireless charging supports; is IP68 water resistant; bears a rear-facing fingerprint sensor, and is backed by a 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0.
It has dual stereo speakers and Dolby Audio sound enhancements but lacked the traditional 3.5mm audio jack.
ZTE Axon 9 Pro Specifications
- 6.21-inch AMOLED display with Full HD+ (2248×1080) resolution, 18:7:9 aspect ratio
- 2.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB built-in storage (UFS 2.1)
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, OIS, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, LED flash; secondary 20-megapixel rear camera, 130-degree wide-angle lens
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture; face unlock
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Audio, Dual SmartPA
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + 2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh, Quick Charge 4.0, wireless charging
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.5 x 7.9 mm
- Colour(s): Blue
The Axon 9 Pro carries a price tag of €650 ($758 USD). It will be available in multiple regions including Asia and Europe when it go on sale. Germany will welcome it first.