There are several ways you can cut ties with an annoying Facebook friend, contact or user. Perhaps, somebody on Facebook is pestering you with messages or you simply want to unfriend that person for certain other reasons.
Facebook Messenger, which is the instant messaging app of the Facebook social network, lets you streamline your Facebook contacts. Put simply, the app enables you to sync contacts both from your smartphone and your Facebook app. On Facebook Messenger, you can be sure of chatting with all of your Facebook friends without any need for visiting the web-based Facebook.
In this post, you’ll find out the easy steps for deleting or blocking Facebook contacts inclusive of friends and non-friends.
Steps for Blocking or Deleting a Contact on Facebook Messenger
- Launch the Messenger app on your Android phone and explore your Messenger contacts
- Locate the contact you wish to block/delete
- Press and hold the contact’s icon until a tab with three options appears
- From the options, select the option with three white horizontal lines
- Doing the latter triggers a menu with several options
- Choose Block or Delete from the options
- By selecting Delete, the contact in question will be removed from your Facebook Messenger as well as your chats with the contact
- Additionally, you may have to click the recycle bin button in order to completely delete your conversation history with the contact/friend
The steps outlined above are typically for blocking or deleting a Facebook friend via the Messenger app. In order to block a non-friend Facebook user via Messenger, you may follow the steps below:
- Open the Messenger app on your smartphone
- Locate the contact you wish to block and click it
- The subsequent on-screen page displays three blue icons on the right-hand side
- Click the icon resembling (i)
- This will trigger a menu with several options
- Scroll down to the option Block and select it
Steps to Completely Delete Someone via Messenger
The steps earlier provided on deleting or blocking somebody in Messenger might not remove that person completely, probably causing you to still have them as a contact in Facebook people app. And should this be the case, that person is still at liberty of sending you messages.
To completely delete someone via Messenger, you first have to delete them from the app, block all messages with them and then strike them out of your Facebook.
- Launch the Messenger app from Facebook and enter the search widget to find the friend or contact
- Tap the contact and then select the gear-like icon
- Choose the option Block messages and then tap the Delete option
- This will trigger a pop-up displaying Delete Conversation
- Choose Delete (to erase your conversations with the person) or Archive (to archive the conversations)
- With that done, you’ll now have to explore the People app in Facebook and locate the deleted friend
- In the People app, locate the Friends tab and select the three dots near it
- Select the Unfriend icon you see and sign out of Facebook
- By the time you sign in again, you’ll observe that the friend has been completely removed and so, they can no longer send you messages
We hope the steps in this post have helped you remove or delete a Facebook friend. Meanwhile, it’s essential you decide whether to only block somebody or completely delete them from your Facebook. This is because you can easily unblock a blocked person with your chat history with them still intact but in the case of deleting a person completely (when you follow the steps we provided), you’ll no longer have access to your chat history with them.* BEST DEALS & OFFERS*
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE
◊Join the Best P2P Crypto Exchange site REMITANO, Get Up to 33% Off remitano.com Deals/Orders --CLICK HERE
◊Order Ultimate Virtual Soccer Hacks and Secretes to Win 100k Daily --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ ◊Grab Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online ( #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE