The U12 family just get expanded with HTC latest addition called U12 Life, joining the already existing U12+. The phone is not made to be a flagship like the previous release considering its specifications, but it does fair well in pricing.
Speaking of specifications, the U12 Life features a 6-inch 18:9 display with a Full HD+ resolution and is powered by a Snapdragon 636 chipset. The RAM is fixed at 4GB and so is the 64GB storage, which thankfully, can be expanded via a MicroSD card.
The phone has dual camera setup at the back in 16MP+5MP configuration, while it sports a 13MP front camera with a LED flash. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo with Sense UI top; feature a fingerprint sensor at the rear, and is backed by a 3,600mAh battery.
The U12 Life has a unique glass back with subtle strip pattern that can withstand scratches. It has a 3.5mm audio jack unlike its predecessor.
HTC U12 Life Specifications
- 6-inch IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2160×1080) resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform, Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB built-in storage (expandable via MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash; secondary 5-megapixel rear camera for portrait shot
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash; face unlock
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo, Sense UI
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + MIMO), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3,600mAh / 3,500mAh (typical/minimum), fast charging (5V/2A)
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.4 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Colour(s): Twilight Purple, Moonlight Blue
The phone wears a price label of £300 ($390 USD). It will be available in the UK, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East sometime in September.