Huawei has introduced Honor 10 Lite, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China. The phone is a mini variant of the Honor 10, but it comes with fascinating features that the later lacked. The foremost of these is the latest Android operating system it runs, Android 9.0 Pie.
The display is larger at 6.21-inch (compared to 5.84-inch on the former), boasting a Full HD+ resolution and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The screen has a waterdrop notch at the top that housed the 24MP front camera with facial recognition and AI Selfies. These enable the smartphone to achieve more than 90% screen-to-body ratio.
At the back is dual 13MP+2MP AI camera for photography, accompanied by a single LED flash. The Honor 10 Lite is powered by Huawei’s in-house HiSilicon Kirin 710 octa-core processor, coupled with up to 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of expandable storage.
A fingerprint sensor resides at the back in addition to face unlock embedded in the front camera for biometric security. Power is delivered by a 3400mAh battery.
Honor 10 Lite Specifications
- 6.21-inch 2.5D curved glass display with FHD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core Kirin 710 processor, Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 13MP (f/1.8 aperture) rear camera, LED flash; secondary 2MP rear camera
- 24-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture; face unlock
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3400mAh / 3320mAh (typical/minimum), fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.8×73.64×7.95mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- Color(s): Midnight Black, White, Gradient Blue, Gradient Red
Honor 10 Lite with 4GB RAM + 64GB storage -> CNY 1399 ($201 USD)
Honor 10 Lite with 6GB RAM + 64GB storage -> CNY 1699 ($244 USD)
Honor 10 Lite with 6GB RAM + 128GB storage -> CNY 1899 ($273 USD)
Sales for the device will begin on November 22nd, but it can be pre-order from today in China.