Huawei has launched Maimang 7 in China, a Chinese model of the Mate 20 Lite that was introduced in the European market few days ago. The phone features a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with a notch, and is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 710 chipset, paired with 6GB of RAM. The accompanied Mali G51 MP4 GPU is software enhanced with Huawei’s GPU Turbo tech for better gaming experience.
At the back, the Maimang 7 houses 20MP+2MP dual camera, while it also sports 24MP+2MP dual front-facing camera with supports for face unlock. The cameras are AI tuned for pro-photography. The phone runs Android 8.1 Oreo; comes equipped with a fingerprint sensor at the back, and is fuelled by a 3750mAh battery.
Huawei Maimang 7 Specifications
- 6.3-inch 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core Kirin 710 processor, Mali G51 MP4 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB inbuilt storage (expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card)
- 20-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash; secondary 2-megapixel rear camera
- 24-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture; secondary 2-megapixel front camera
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, EMUI 8.2
- Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3750mAh / 3650mAh (typical/minimum), fast charging
- Dimensions: 158.3×75.3×7.6mm
- Weight: 172 grams
- Colour(s): Blue, Gold, Black
The Maimang 7 is priced at CNY 2399 ($349 USD) in China. It is available for pre-order and will go on sale starting from September 15th.