Lenovo has launched the “Pro” model of its S5 smartphone that was introduced in March in China. This comes with a larger display, a more powerful processor, upgraded quad camera, and a more sufficient battery. Moreover, it runs Android 8.1 Oreo with the new ZUI 5.0 on top.
The display is 6.18-inch in size, and it flaunts a pixel resolution of 2246×1080. There is a notch at the top of the display that accommodates 20MP+8MP dual front camera with IR face unlock onboard. At the rear, the S5 Pro also sports 20MP+12MP dual camera with AI features onboard as well.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 636 chipset, coupled with 6GB of RAM. Storage options are 64GB and 128GB, with MicroSD card expansion slots provided. The S5 Pro has a metal unibody design. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and is backed by a 3500mAh battery with supports for fast charging.
Lenovo S5 Pro Specifications
- 6.18-inch 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2246×1080) resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 64-bit 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform, Adreno 506 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB built-in storage (expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD card)
- 20-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash; secondary 12-megapixel camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 20-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX476 sensor
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, ZUI 5.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5, 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3500mAh, fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.5×75.45×7.7mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Colour(s): Black, Gold, Blue
The 64GB model is priced at CNY 1298 ($187), but there is no details regarding the pricing of the 128GB model. The Lenovo S5 Pro will be available from October 23rd in China.