A Google Doodle, or quite simply Doodle, is a specialized temporary modification of the Google logo presented during a day on the home page of the engine. They are created to celebrate special events such as national holidays, birthdays of famous people or other events like the Olympic and the US presidential elections.
The first of the Google Doodles was designed in 1998 for the Burning Man festival: the founders of Google wanted to signal their presence at this festival by including a silhouette in flames in the logo of the time. The tradition has continued to this day, with more than a thousand logos produced in this period.
A Doodle usually appears on a single day, but more rarely Doodles can form a series over several days in a row. Depending on the considered scope of the event, Google Doodles are visible either simultaneously in a large number of countries, or in a specific country.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
Each Doodle carries a hyperlink that leads to the results page obtained for a search on a string of characters describing the topic being celebrated. This generates curiosity among visitors, and leads to a significant increase in traffic to the best referenced sites for this search reason.
Who Designs Doodles for Google?
The majority of the Doodles were made by Dennis Hwang. The first that he fully realized was that of the French National Day in 2000. Some Doodles were created by other artists such as Scott Adams. A Google creative team of graphic designers and illustrators called “The Doodlers” is artistically responsible for the design.
Over the years, Google Doodles have been designed to be more graphically complex and imaginative.
Since 2008, Google Doodles are today also selected through a contest held every year.
How to Send Doodle to Google?
As Google itself explains, the themes of the doodles are chosen by a specialized group within the company. But while it is this team of “doodlers” who ultimately decides what we will see in the search engine, the ideas that inspire them come from different sources.
The doodlers receive ideas both from other workers in the company and from the platform users themselves , who can suggest topics for future doodles via the email email@example.com. Although the company ensures that not all proposals will be materialized or answered, they promise that they will at least read the suggestions sent by their users.
How are Google Doodles Created?
Once the hundreds of ideas that could give rise to a doodle have been compiled, the team in charge of materializing these tributes meets in quarterly meetings in order to deliberate what will be commemorated in a doodle and how it will take shape.
To do this, the illustrators and engineers that make up the team of doodlers resort to various techniques to spark creativity, ranging from brainstorming to activities such as the collective creation of a comic.
In that sense, the main filter for doodles goes through the guidelines that Google establishes for tributes on its home page. Above all, the company indicates that these should “commemorate anniversaries and interesting events that reflect the personality of Google and its passion for innovation.” So celebrations like “Squidward Piss off Day” probably don’t rank among the values Google plans to honor.
In addition to that, the company has proposed that its doodles always include different countries, ethnicities and genders, in order to represent a wide spectrum of users.
Google Doogle Creation Process
Once the themes have been established, the main team is divided into smaller units, generally composed of an illustrator and an engineer, who will have the mission of creating the assigned doodle based on the premises established by the group, but always contributing with their own creativity.
In this stage, the work begins with the illustrator, who has the task of looking for ideas, information and all the material that serves as inspiration for the Google Doodle that he intends to create. For this process you only have as a guide the basic guidelines established by the group of doodlers, everything else is left to your imagination.
Obviously, this stage includes the entire traditional process of creating an illustration, to which are added other particular challenges that can come hand in hand with the additional characteristics of the doodle, such as animation, interactivity, etc.
In that sense, another element that makes doodles so attractive is music. Although some already include iconic themes for the event they commemorate, such as the dooodle for the 65th anniversary of the birth of Freddie Mercury that was accompanied by the unmistakable melody of “Don’t Stop Me Now” , others require a special creation .
This music for Google Doodles is usually done by composer and engineer Adam Ever-Hadani, who has worked on various doodles to create something appropriate to the theme and that users will remember.
Once the illustration and the other traditional creative aspects are finished, it is the turn of the engineer in charge of the doodle, who must translate all the illustrator’s work into code. This process starts from the most basic mechanical functions of animation to the most complex elements that allow you to fully capture the original idea of the illustrator.
And finally, the doodle is ready! But before being published, it must pass into the hands of Google’s legal team, which must ensure that all the intellectual property corresponding to third parties is in order.
Although, in most cases the process of creating a doodle is done by these small teams, in some cases the team expands. For example, for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, Google used 32 international illustrators to do the doodles for each participating team.
This whole process, which we see in a few seconds when we open the search engine, takes about a year of work, from when the idea is conceived until the world knows the doodle.
Doodle for Google Scholarship 2021/2022-Everything You Need to Know
Doodle4Google is an annual icon design competition organized by Google. It collects original Doodle icons from elementary and middle school students all over the world to replace the standard icons on the Google search homepage on various anniversaries or festivals. The competition started in Sweden in 2008.
This internationally renowned art design competition has been successfully held in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and other countries.
The 2021 Doodle4Google contest was won by Milo from Kentucky with a Doodle titled “Finding Hope.” He was honoured with a $30,000 college scholarship and a $50,000 technology award for his school.
Here is a quick guide on how to apply for the Doodle for Google 2021/2022 contest for the USA and Indian. See more details below;
A doodle is a drawing made while a person’s attention is otherwise occupied. Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be composed of random and abstract lines.
Hence, doodling and scribbling are most often associated with young children and toddlers because their lack of hand-eye coordination and lower mental development often make it very difficult for any young child to keep their coloring attempts within the line art of the subject.
Despite this, it is not uncommon to see such behavior with adults, in which case it is generally done jovially, out of boredom.
However, typical examples of doodling are found in school notebooks, often in the margins, drawn by students daydreaming or losing interest during class.
Also, other common examples of doodling are produced during long telephone conversations if a pen and paper are available.
Popular kinds of doodles include cartoon versions of teachers or companions in a school, famous TV or comic characters, invented fictional beings, landscapes, geometric shapes, patterns, textures, or phallic scenes.
Doodle for Google Scholarship 2021
Google is one of the world’s most popular technology company which is worth Billions of dollars, and they’ve been involved with so many charity organizations and scholarship-providing platforms.
Hence, Google has a scholarship funnel inform of Doodle 4 Google contest, which has been in existence for some years now.
Short Description of the Scholarship
Students in grades K-12 are invited to take part in the Doodle 4 Google contest. From crayons to clay, graphic design, or even food, young artists can utilize any materials to bring their creations to life.
Also, like all Google Doodles, each doodle must incorporate the letters G-o-o-g-l-e. One national winner will also receive a $30,000 college scholarship.
About Doodle for Google Entry Form 2021
Doodle 4 Google contest 2021 is announced, they present all the details regarding Doodle 4 Google makers and lovers who want to explore their talent all around the world which is powered by Google For Students in the US.
Doodle 4 Google, also stylized Doodle4Google, is an annual competition in various countries, held by Google, to have children create a logo that will be featured on the local Google homepage as a doodle.
Google will be at it again in 2021 where contestants would be required to submit their doodles for judgment.
Normally, Google 4 Doodle contest is a multinational contest, where many countries of the world have their slot, and application process.
Eligibility for 2021 Doodle for Google Theme (USA)
This is for the United States of America citizens the eligibility for this scholarship differs within countries, therefore below is listed the requirements needed to be eligible for Doodle 4 Google scholarship contest 2021 in the United States of America.
To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal U.S. resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal residence)
- Be enrolled in a private or public elementary or secondary school (grades K-12) or a home school (grades K-12) in the United
- States, a United States Territory in Puerto Rico, Guam, and Washington, D.C., a student of a U.S. Service Person serving
- Abroad (collectively, “U.S. School(s)”)
- Have obtained a parent’s or legal guardian’s prior permission. Minors who enter must have the written consent of a parent or
- legal guardian to be eligible to receive any prizes.
How to Apply for Google for Doodle 2021 Theme in the “United States”
Eligibility and application processes differ within countries which would be clearly shown.
This is the application process for applicants in the United States of America.
Therefore, to be entering the contest, create a doodle that tells the world “What I see for the future.” From crayons to clay, graphic design, or even food, young artists can utilize any materials to bring their creations to life. Like all Google.
Doodles, each doodle must incorporate the letters G-o-o-g-l-e.
You can apply either online or offline to be entered in the Doodle 4 Google Competition.
You can apply online through the given link:
To Apply off-line, follow this Steps
Download or print the Doodle for Google entry form. The link is:
- Doodle: Have artists create their doodles using any materials they want.
- Write: Have artists write a 50-word statement describing their doodle, their message behind the artwork, or their artistic process. Fill out the rest of the required information and sign the entry form.
- Combine: If the doodle wasn’t created directly on the entry form, take a digital photo or scan of the doodle and combine it with the entry form.
If you’re submitting a digital entry, save the completed entry form as a .png, or .jpg.
Follow these guidelines and stand more chances of winning.
- Lighting: Make sure the doodle is well lit and free of glare and unnecessary shadows.
- Resolution: Use the highest quality setting on your camera. Your image should be at least 300 dpi.
- Composition: Position the camera such that the doodle fills the frame and there are no visual distractions in the background
How to Submit Your Google 4 Doodle in the USA
Carefully package the doodle in an envelope so that it won’t be damaged, and with proper postage, mail it to one of the following addresses.
- For Regular U.S. Mail
Doodle 4 Google
PO Box 510337
New Berlin, WI 53151
- For Overnight Mail
Doodle 4 Google, Promotions Department
5000 South Towne Drive
New Berlin, WI 53151
What’s the Worth of the Scholarship?
The worth of Doodle for Google scholarship in the United State differs from its worth in other countries of the world.
The United States
The National Winner will win a $30,000 college scholarship (managed by Scholarship America) to be used at the school of their choice, a trip to the San Francisco area (retail value approximately $1,500)
The four (4) National Finalists who do not become the National Winner will win a $5,000 college scholarship (managed by Scholarship America) to be used at the school of their choice, a trip to Google headquarters (retail value $1500), a Chrome book (retail value approximately $399), an Android tablet (retail value approximately $300)
The forty-eight (48) State and Territory Winners who did not become National Finalists win an Android tablet (retail value approximately $300).
Doodle for Google Contest 2021 India
Information here is for the citizens in India. Contained in it is all the information anyone applying in India would need.
The Doodle for Google Competition is designed to encourage eligible Indian school students and their parents/guardians on their behalf to use their creativity to create their interpretation of the Google logo.
It is an innovative thought from Google for the goodwill of students that, Google is going to Organize this “Doodle” competition for Students in India. A huge prize money will be given to the winner.
Doodle 4 Google India contest organized by Google invites entries from Indian students to design and submit Doodle 4 Google on the topic. The competition is open for class 1-10 students.
To participate in the competition, the students have to submit the doodle as per guidelines laid by Google India on the given theme. Students have to use their imagination & artistic talent to create a Doodle 4 Google on the given topic.
For the first time, Google India will be giving the scholarship to the winner of the contest.
What’s the Eligibility for Doodle for Google 2021 in India?
At the time of submission of a Doodle, each Entrant must:
- Be an Indian citizen (e.g., must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, if asked for);
- Be enrolled in an Indian School;
- Have obtained his or her parents’ or legal guardians’ or school teachers’ prior permission and have agreed to be bound by these Rules.
Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders, as well as their immediate families, of Google, its affiliates, and any representatives or agencies of Google or other persons professionally connected with the Contest are not eligible to participate.
The National Winner and the Group Winners from previous years’ contests are eligible to enter but are not eligible to receive the National Winner’s or National Finalist’s prizes in this year’s Contest.
The students in India studying in kindergarten Through twelve Grade can be able to participate in this innovative and creative Competition. The winner With the best DOODLE will be playing their Doodle on the Search Engine Google’s Page logo.
Doodle for Google Scholarship Amount
The scholarship worth differs from country to country. Also, the scholarship in India is quite different from that of the USA. The National Winner will receive INR 500,000 college scholarship, INR 200,000 Technology package for their school/non-profit organization, Certificate/Trophy of Achievement, A trip to Google India Office, Google Swag.
Also, the National Winner’s Google competition will be displayed on www.google.co.in for one day.
All group winners (4) will receive INR 2, 50,000 college scholarship, INR 100,000 technology package for their school/non- profit organization, certificate/ Trophy of achievement, A trip to Google India Office, Google Swag.
However, all 20 Finalists will each receive Certificate/Trophy of Achievement, A trip to one of the Google Office, Google Swag.
Also, the entries submitted by all the 20 Finalists will be publicly displayed in a gallery on the website doodles.google.co.in/d4g.
How to Apply for Google for Doodle Theme 2021 in India
The application process for Indian students is pretty easy, as it is for United States students.
There are some simple steps to follow for the Submission of your master Piece Doodle for Google contest, Kindly follow these easy steps:
- Visit the home page for the doodle4google contest here
Click here to access the application
- Then click on get started
- Further, download the Entry Form and go take the print out of that Entry Application form
- Application form for Doodle4google competition can be submitted by Parents, Students by own, Guardians or by their teachers who are conducting these Doodle Sessions.
The Winning Doodle of “DOODLE 4 GOOGLE 2021” will be present to India and Winning Doodle will also appear on Google
Search page on the same day after Ceremony. Left Top Doodles which are selected by Judges will go on temporary appearance.
So, Doodle 4 Google 2021 contest kicks off soon as details are yet to be announced from Google this year. Stay tuned for the latest information.
To find out the eligibility requirements, as well as how to apply for the 2021/2022 Doodle4Google contest, click here.
Have you heard about the Doodle for Google Contest from Class 1 to 10 Students Registration? Whatever your answer may be, here is a quick guide on how you can apply for this rare opportunity.
However, before you proceed to apply for it, it’s pertinent to note this opportunity is open to any Indian student who is studying in any school.
By participating in this contest, the student will get a chance to be displayed on the Google India homepage on 11/2021 and win a college scholarship of Rs, Five Lacs (5,00,000/-)s.
The registration/entry submission process will start in; August 2021 and end in September 2021.
Only one doodle per entrant is allowed. In the case of duplicate or multiple entries, the first entry will be accepted for the competition.
The theme of Doodle for Google 2021 is ‘When I grow up I hope’.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- The competition is open for Indian Citizens.
- At the time of entering for Doodle 4 Google, the participant must be a school student and studying in Classes 1 to 10.
- The participant must have prior approval from their parents/guardian or teacher and have agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations.
How Much Will the Winner Stand Benefit from This?
1==> For National Winner -:
- The national winner of Doodle for Google will be displayed on the Google India Homepage on 14th November 2021.
- College scholarship amounting to Rs. 5,00,000 shall be given to the winner.
- The technology package of Rs. 2,00,000 shall be given for their school
- He/she will get a Certificate /Trophy of Achievement
- The winner will get a chance to take a trip to Google Office
- Also awarded with any of Hardware.
- The winner will also be provided with Googley Schwag
2==> For Group Winners -:
- All the four Group Winners doodle will be displayed in a gallery on the doodle website and their doodles have featured in Doodle for Google gallery.
- Each Group Winner will receive a College scholarship of Rs. 250,000/-(Two lacs fifty thousand).
- The technology package of Rs. 1,00,000 shall be given for their school
- He/she will get a Medal of Recognition /Trophy
- A certificate of achievement shall also be given to the winners.
- The winners will get a chance to take a trip to Google Office in India
- Also awarded with any Hardware product.
- Winners will also be provided with Googley Schwag
3==> For National Finalists-:
- All the 12 finalists doodles will be displayed in a gallery on the doodle website
- A certificate of achievement will also be given
- Any Hardware product shall also be given to the winners.
- Winners will also be provided with Googley Schwag
How Can I Apply
- To enter the Doodle 4 Google competition, the contestant needs to download and print the entry form during the contest period.
- Doodle on the entry form: Students can create their doodles using any coloring materials they want on top of the printed entry form.
- Participants must write the description on the Entry Form.
- Follow the instructions given in the form.
- The Doodle should have a Title and Description (Statement to tell more about what you have drawn and how it represents something that you hope for.
- The doodle has to be created in the space given in the entry form.
- Sign the entry form and submit filled-in the entry form.
- The created doodle needs to be uploaded online on the Google web portal.
- The hard copy of the doodle along with the application form can be sent by post also by the parents/guardian/teachers to the below-mentioned address.
- All the supported files must be in jpg and png.
- Doodles are grouped by the students’ classes, such as Class 1 to 2, Class 3 to 4, Class 5 to 6, Classes 7 to 8, and Classes 9 to 10.
- From the shortlisted doodles, 4 doodles from each group will be selected by the Guest judges.
Selection of Winner
- 20 selected doodles will be published on the google website from October 2021 to November 2021 and afterward, the public voting will start.
- Based on public voting, one winning entry for each group will be announced.
- One person may cast one vote for each class group.
- Guest judges will announce one overall winning doodle from the entries received and it will be displayed on the Google India homepage on November 2021.
Google Contact Details
- Office Address: Doodle4Google, DDB Mudra Group, 184, Ground Floor, Platinum Tower, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon – 122016, Haryana