Alongside with its new X8 and V8 series Meizu also introduced a lesser variant of its Meizu 16 smartphone dubbed 16X. This is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset instead of Snapdragon 845 that was seen on the standard model. The display and camera specs however remain the same.
The phone still retains the in-display fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, and the dedicated dual SIM slot, but it only comes in 6GB RAM model with 64GB and 128GB storage option tagged along. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo and is backed by a 3100mAh battery.
Meizu 16X Specifications
- 6-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ (2160×1080) resolution, 402PPI, 18:9 aspect ratio, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform, Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB built-in storage (UFS 2.1 (non-expandable))
- 12-megapixel rear wide-angle lens camera, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, OIS+EIS, PDAF+LAF, 6-LED ring flash; secondary 20-megapixel camera (telephoto), f/2.6 aperture, Sony IMX350 sensor
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM
- In-display fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Flyme OS
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3,100mAh, mCharge fast charging
- Dimensions: 151×73.5×7.5mm
- Weight: 154 grams
The 64GB storage model costs CNY 2098 ($206 USD), while the 128GB storage model is priced at CNY 2398 ($349 USD). The Meizu 16X will go on sale on September 26th, but it can be pre-order from today. Color options provided are Black, Gold, and White.