New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Careers recruitment 2020 – In this guide, you are going to find everything you need to know about the New Zealand (NZ) Defence Force recruitment starting from the eligibility requirements which includes general requirements, mental and fitness requirements, education requirements and other tests.
Then, I will show you the documents you need to apply for any role in the New Zealand Defence Force which include the Navy, Army and Air Force.
Finally, I will show you how to register, create a profile and submit your application online successfully.
Without any further ado, let’s dive right in.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
Below are the required to apply for New Zealand Defence Force recruitment arranged categorically:
- You must be medically and physically fit (More information in the next tabs below).
- You must be a New Zealand citizen, or New Zealand Residence class visa holder
- Preferably free from criminal convictions (assessed on a case by case basis)
- At least 16.5 years old to submit an application. You must have turned 18 years old by the time you graduate from your recruit course.
NOTE: Some Defence Force roles have additional requirements because of the nature of the, check them out below:
The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) will normally provide all the training for most roles, but there is a minimum education requirements for all trades.
These differ depending on the skill set required for the specific trade.
However, the lowest education requirement is 10 credits in each NCEA Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy.
If you don’t have enough NCEA credits, The Open Polytechnic offers a free course called the New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 1). This will allow you to gain the credits you need to apply for a role with us.
If you are not sure about what NCEA is or how to go about it, read more about it in details here.
If you have an alternative high school qualifications to NCEA, click here to get in touch with NZDF to discuss how to go about getting these recognised.
Assessment Day (A-Day) Fitness Requirement
If you want to be part of the NZ Defence Force you need to be medically and physically fit for military duties worldwide.
If you are selected to join the New Zealand Defence Force, your initial training will be physically demanding. Later on, as an enlisted member of the Defence Force, you will find yourself in situations which are physically and mentally challenging – both home and overseas.
You will undergo several fitness tests during your application to join the NZ Defence Force. Your first fitness test will be on Assessment Day.
At your Assessment Day (A-Day) you’ll be required to pass a fitness test and your results will be graded. This means that the better your fitness test results, the more competitive you are within the overall selection process.
Below is the fitness requirements on Assessment Day (A-Day).
NOTE: Mobile users should use a responsive browser like Chrome to view full content of the table.
|MSFT (BEEP TEST)||MSFT (BEEP TEST)||PRESS-UPS||PRESS-UPS||CURL-UPS||CURL-UPS|
|Strong||10.05 or greater||8.06 or greater||30 or greater||15 or greater||65 or greater||55 or greater|
|Fail||Less than 7.10||Less than 5.09||Less than 5||Less than 1||Less than 35||Less than 25|
The NZDF six week Force Fit Activator programme is designed to help you prepare for Assessment Day fitness testing.
Some trades have a specific standard that needs to be achieved or surpassed at A-Day.
|MSFT (BEEP TEST)||PRESS-UPS||CURL-UPS|
Induction Day (I-Day) Fitness Requirement
After passing the Assessment Day (A-Day) and you have been selected for a trade, you will go through a second fitness test on the Induction Day (I-Day).
This service fitness test varies depending on your course.
New Zealand Army Induction Day (I-Day) Service Fitness Test Requirements
|RUN 2.4 KMS||CURL-UPS||PRESS-UPS|
New Zealand Navy Induction Day (I-Day) Service Fitness Test Requirements
If you are joining the Navy, you will be required to pass the A-Day fitness test again on I-Day to at least the same standard as you completed it on A-Day.
New Zealand Airforce Induction Day (I-Day) Service Fitness Test Requirements
If you are joining the Air Force, you will be required to pass the A-Day fitness test again on I-Day to at least the same standard as you completed it on A-Day.
Ongoing Fitness Testing
To successfully graduate from your initial training, you will be required to pass your Service’s fitness test to the required standard. As you continue on with your career in the NZ Defence Force, you will continue to be required to pass this fitness test once or twice a year.
The Navy swim test requires you to swim 50 metres and, on completion, remain afloat unaided by treading water for three minutes. This test will be conducted wearing overalls and gym shoes.
Available Roles in New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF)
Check out all the available roles here.
How to Apply for New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Recruitment 2020 Online
To apply, you need to first register and create a profile.
Before you begin to apply, make sure you gather all the required documents ready.
You will need:
- Your next of kin’s name and contact details
- Birth certificate
- Completed CV with previous employment details including dates, employer, locations and duties
- Record of learning showing school qualifications, including subjects, grades gained and year obtained, and NZQA number if you have one
- Any tertiary or trade qualifications you have achieved with grades gained and year obtained
- Your driver licence details (number, classes and any endorsements)
- Dates and outcomes of any criminal convictions
- Your current accurate height and weight
- Your Doctor’s name and contact details i.e. telephone and address
- Dates, details and outcomes of any past or current medical conditions, (eg operations, broken bones, asthma history, any medications)
- Your vaccination/immunisation history (this can be obtained from your Doctor)
- A list of your preferred trades and service(s)
- If you have served previously, you will need to supply some previous service details e.g. your service number.
Click on https://defencecareers.secure.force.com/pcms/SiteRegister to begin application.
For more information, visit the New Zealand (NZ) Defence Force website, https://www.defencecareers.mil.nz/defence-careers/
That is all for now on New Zealand (NZ) Defence Force recruitment 2020. Don’t forget to share by using the buttons below.
- new zealand army recruitment
- new zealand defence force (NZDF) careers
- nzdf careers
- new zealand army recruitment
- new zealand air force portal 2020
- new zealand army portal 2020
- nzdf login
- new zealand army recruitment
- new zealand air force recruitment
- new zealand navy recruitment