The Nigerian Customs Services (NCS) is an agency established with the aim of improving service delivery without disrupting Nigerian Government’s intervention control required for the effective and systematic maintenance of the agency.
Besides administering the cross-border transit of goods and clamping down on illegal international trade activities, NCS massively recruits Nigerians into its various job positions every year.
Therefore in this article, you’ll find out every bit of information you need about NCS recruitment process including how to apply for the agency’s job positions.
General Requirements for NCS Recruitment
There are basic conditions that all persons interested in NCS job positions must fulfill before they can be successfully recruited. Described as the general requirements for NCS recruitment, these conditions are outlined as follows:
- Possessing a proof of good health (both mentally and physically) obtained from certified government medical personnel
- Possessing Nigerian citizenship acquired through descent or birth
- Freedom from any instance of financial embarrassment
- Possession of good character and freedom from criminal offences
- Possession of a certificate of country of origin endorsed by local government –it isn’t permissible to tender a certificate certified by a liaison officer in place of this
- (For males) having a chest measurement not below 0.87m
- (For males) having a height measurement not below 1.7m and (for females) having a height measurement not below 1.64m
How to Apply for NCS Recruitment
Anybody who has duly fulfilled the earlier-listed conditions for NCS jobs can partake in the Service’s recruitment process by applying for the job that befits their qualifications. Before you get to see the instructions for applying into an NCS job position, you should note that the form you’ll fill during your online NCS application is divided into three parts namely:
- Parent/guardian consent form
- Acknowledgement form
- Local government attestation form
Also, you should note that having a valid national ID card is required of you before you’re able to carry out your NCS job application. Finally, below are the instructions for NCS job application:
- Open any reliable browser on your phone and enter the URL custom.gov.ng/vacancy.customs.gov.ng
- After landing on the homepage of the NCS recruitment site, scroll to the job position you’re willing to apply for and click the View Vacancies button attached to that job position
- With that done, you’ll be taken to a page containing specific and general guidelines –Endeavour to carefully read and digest the guidelines for application
- Hit the Apply for the job button to initiate your application
- The subsequent on-screen page will present you with the registration form for your Customs application
- Subsequently, create an account and following that, log into the account with your login details
- Fill in the NCS application form and upload your documents as required
- Submit the form and do well to get an acknowledgement
Note that it is unacceptable for a single person to apply into two or more NCS job positions. NCS will declare an applicant with more than one application unqualified in the course of the recruitment process. Also, applicants are strongly advised to only submit the documents that pertain to their chosen NCS cadres. In other words, it’s inappropriate to present the wrong documents by probably submitting a bachelor’s degree for the NCS “inspector cadre”.
Lastly, we urge you to make all your necessary eligibility/certification declarations in the course of your NCS application as you won’t be permitted to make any additional certification declaration after the recruitment process.
Detailed steps on How to Apply For Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Recruitment 2021/2022
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment is online @ https://vacancy.customs.gov.ng/
Signup for an account and validate your email.
Click on the verification link to do this
- Note: open your email to do this
- Log back and choose the Cadre that you are interested in.
- Still find time to carefully read the job description and special requirements.
- Click on ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’ and fill your bio information,such as name, state of origin, marital status etc.
- Upload your passport photograph, this should be 200KB (600*600) and saved in JPG, JPEG, PNG.
- The next step will require you to fill the Physical ability page, here just type in your NYSC certificate number and other information as asked.
- Move to the academic page and input your information like exam number etc.
- Move to the employment history page and also fill that side as shown in the image below
- Now uploaded all your documents.
- Now review all information you entered carefully.
As at today being 2nd March 2021, The Nigerian customs service recruitment form is not out.We are going to inform you immediately it’s out.
Top Five Duties of The Nigeria Customs Service
1. It Collect Excise Revenue
This is arguably the first and primary duty of the agency. They are established mainly to collect tax from companies or individuals who are involved in production of goods and commodities in the country.
2. It Carries Out Anti-smuggling Campaign
Smuggling of goods from other countries into Nigeria was rampant in the country in time past, and that was one of the reasons why the Customs Service was established.
The agency took it upon itself to carry out regular anti-smuggling exercise across the country and its borders to ensure that illegal goods are not smuggled into Nigeria.
3. It Ensures Security Of Lives and Properties
Though there are many agencies whose major function is to provide security, the Nigeria Customs Service also ensure that goods, lives, and properties are maximally secured.
Other functions of the Nigeria Customs Service include the following:
- It engages in making research
- It helps in the collation of data which will help the federal government while making its annual budget.
- The agency monitors the Utilization of Foreign Exchange
- It aids government’s plans to eradicate substandard goods.
What’s The Strength Of The Nigeria Immigration Services
Just like many paramilitary agencies in Nigeria, there is a section in the country’s constitution which supports the agency to carry out its duties.
In one of the agency’s write-ups via its official website, NCS’s functions are legally backed up by The Customs & Excise Management Act (CEMA) Cap 45 of the Law of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
Click here to see other sections of the Nigeria constitution that support the agency’s power to carry out custom and excise duties across the country.
This is to tell you that the Nigeria Custom service is the sole representative of the Federal Government when it comes to matters related to custom and excise revenue.
They have every right to investigate, arrest and detain anyone who fails to obey the rule and regulations of the country as regard to payment of tax and other excise fees.
Nigeria Immigration Service Salary Structure
The agency salary structure is based on ranks and positions. The higher your rank, the higher your wages and salary.
Below are the various ranks in the agency and the salary each officers are entitled to receive at the end of every year:
Customs Assistant = ₦
Assistant Inspector of Customs = ₦
Inspector of Customs = ₦
Assistant Superintendent of Custom II = ₦
Assistant Superintendent of Customs I =
Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer =
Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer =
Assistant Comptrollers =
Deputy Comptrollers =
Comptroller General =
As an officer of the Nigeria custom service, you’re entitled to enjoy some incentives such as Transport, Meal subsidy, House maintenance allowance, Uniform maintenance allowance, Detective Hardiness allowance, Plain-Cloth allowance, and Furniture allowance among others.
Branches Of The Nigeria Immigration Services
The agency currently has four zonal headquarters across the country, and there could be plans to add more to the existing ones in the nearest future.
Every zonal headquarter is supervised or controlled by the Assistant Comptroller-General, who are also referred to as zonal coordinator.
It is also important to know that each zonal headquarters have some commands or branches under their watch.
Below is the list of the four zones and the commands that falls under their guide.
1. Name: ZONE A
Location: Harvey Road, Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 01-4705576, 5821496
Area Commands: APAPA, MMIA, OGUN, OSUN/OYO, ONDO/ EKITI, TIN-CAN, LILYPOND, SEME, LAGOS IND. KLT
2. Name: ZONE B
Location: Kaduna (Kaduna State)
Area Commands: KADUNA/ KATSINA, KANO/ JIGAWA, SOKOTO/ KEBBI/ ZAMFARA, KOGI/ KWARA/ NIGER, FCT
3. Name: ZONE C
Location: Port/Harcourt (Rivers State)
Area Commands: ABIA/ IMO, ANAMBRA/ ENUGU/ EBONYI, PH I, ONNE, EDO / DELTA, CROSS RIVER /EPZ/ AKWA IBOM
4. Name: ZONE D
Location: Bauchi (Bauchi State)
We strongly believe that you have obtained all the information you need concerning the recruitment process of the Nigeria Customs Service. If you’re however in need of more information concerning NCS recruitment process or the eligibility requirements, you may visit the Service’s official website through www.custom.gov.ng/vacancy.customs.gov.ng* BEST DEALS & OFFERS*
◊Become an Expert Cryptocurrency Trader and Investor With My Winning Master plan and strategies. Get a 1-7 days Course Live on Zoom with complete mentorship and first hand signals With 30% Off Original Price For Just 100 Slots--CLICK HERE
◊Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE
◊Do you want to make good money daily betting on your favorite soccer games?Join Betgaranteed Telegram channel for constant and steady Football winning --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ ◊Grab Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online ( #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE