ZTE’s Nubia brand has unveiled Red Magic 3S in China. The phone is more like the Red Magic 3 that recently debuted, but this packed a more powerful processor and brings UFS 3.0 storage along. It still retain the 90Hz AMOLED screen that is 6.65-inch in size, with Full HD+ resolution. There is no notch either.
The phone is driven by the Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset, paired with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage. Nubia has once again decided not to include a MicroSD slot. The state-of-the-art active liquid cooling system with an internal turbo fan survived, this means you can expect the heat to be drastically lowered by 16°C. At the back you will find a pentagonal-shaped camera that housed a 48MP (f/1.7) Sony IMX586 sensor. Above the rear camera is dual LED flash and placed right below is a diamond-shaped fingerprint sensor for biometric authentication.
Beneath the fingerprint sensor is an RGB LED strip with over 16.8 million of colors that can be fully customized using a pre-installed app. At the side are the volume and power buttons, and a dedicated button to trigger the “Red Magic Game Space 2.0″ – a program that provides the interface to fine-tune various hardware of the device including the fan speed, view usage statistics in real-time, enable/disable in-game recording, block notifications, and lots more.
Other features onboard include 4D Gaming that use real-time scene detection to offer subtle haptic that go in rhythm when playing games; dual front-firing stereo speakers with DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, and 3.5mm headphones jack. The Nubia Red Magic 3S also have the dual shoulder touch-sensitive trigger buttons for joystick-like experience. The whole system relied on a 5000mAh battery for power with supports for 27W fast charging.
All in all, the Red Magic 3S is basically the Red Magic 3 with overclocked CPU and GPU, and faster storage.
Nubia Red Magic 3S Specifications
- 6.65-inch AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with FHD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR
- 64-bit 2.96GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 built-in storage (non-expandable)
- 48-megapixel rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor, twin-LED flash
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Red Magic OS 2.1
- Fingerprint sensor (rear mounted)
- Stereo speakers, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + 4×4 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS/Beiduo, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 27W fast charging, Quick Charge 4.0, USB Power Delivery
- Dimensions: 171.7×78.5×9.65mm
- Weight: 215 grams
- Color(s): Flame Red, Black, Silver
The 8GB/128GB version costs CN¥ 2999 (US$419), while the 12GB/256GB version will be sold for CN¥ 3799 (US$531). September 9th is when the sales will begin in China.
Update: Launched in India (October 17th, 2019)
Nubia launched its gaming smartphone, the Nubia Red Magic 3S, in China in early September. Today, the firm has introduced the device in India. The 8GB/128GB version costs Rs 35,999 (US$504), while the 12GB/256GB version will be sold for Rs 47,999 (US$672).
The Red Magic 3S will be up for sale on India’s top e-commerce website, FlipKart, from October 21st.