OPPO Mobile has made a new addition to its F smartphone series called F9, the successor of F7 that was released earlier this year. It features a 6.3-inch screen with a small V-shaped notch at the top; is powered by a Helio P60 processor paired with up to 6GB of RAM; sports 16MP+2MP dual rear camera, and is backed by a 3500mAh battery.
The F9 runs Color OS 5.2 that is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. It has a fingerprint sensor at the back that provides smart lock/unlock solution. The front camera has a 25MP sensor with facial recognition and face unlock baked inside. The cameras on the phone are AI enhanced for smartness and for taking perfect shot, even in low-light.
The 3.5mm headphones jack is onboard along with other range of connectivity including WiFi 802.11ac, 4G VoLTE and GPS. The OPPO F9 body measurement is 156.7x74x7.9mm, it weighs only 169 grams.
OPPO F9 Specifications
- 6.3-inch LCD Waterdrop display with Full HD+ (22800×1080) resolution, 90.8% screen-to-body ratio, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor, Mali-G72 MP2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/1.85 aperture, LED flash; secondary 2MP rear camera
- 25-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX576 sensor
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Color OS 5.2
- Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.2, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3500mAh / 3415mAh (typical/minimum), VOOC Flash Charge
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169 grams
The 4GB RAM model is priced at VND 76,90,000 ($331) in Vietnam while the pricing details of the 6GB RAM model has not been disclosed by the firm. The F9 available color variants are Twilight Blue, Sunrise Red, and Starry Purple.