OPPO Mobile as expected today unveiled its K3 smartphone in China. The midranger takes almost everything from the firm sub-brand Realme X smartphone that was recently released, including the display, processor, front camera, and battery capacity. The appearance is exactly the same, and so are the body dimensions and weight.
Unlike the Realme X however, the OPPO K3 opted for a cheaper dual rear-facing camera. It has a generic 16MP main sensor and a secondary 2MP depth sensor. The 16MP front camera resides in a pop up motorized mechanism that OPPO claimed have been tested 200,000 times.
Other features include optical in-display fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm headphones jack, and VOOC 3.0 Flash Charge.
OPPO K3 Specifications
- 6.53-inch 2.5D curved glass Samsung AMOLED display with Full HD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 91.1% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform, Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera, LED flash; secondary 2-megapixel rear camera
- 16-megapixel pop up front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6.0
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3765mAh / 3680mAh (typical/minimum), VOOC 3.0 fast charging
- Dimensions: 161.2×76×9.4mm
- Weight: 191 grams
The 6GB/64GB version is priced at CN¥ 1599 (US$230), the 8GB/128GB version is priced at CN¥ 1899 (US$274), while the high-end version with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage costs CN¥ 2299 (US$332). Color options provided are Nebula Purple, Green, and White. The phone will start selling from June.