PayPal needs no introduction as the world’s most popular payment system with statistics proving beyond reason that the payment system is used in many countries of the world. While PayPal guarantees a handful of countries unlimited access to its beneficial features, it’s quite unfortunate that Nigeria is exempted from this, making lots of Nigerians nurse misgivings against the payment system.
Nonetheless, a number of interesting benefits are associated with a Nigerian PayPal account and in this post, you’ll find out the benefits and disadvantages of using PayPal in Nigeria.
How to Create PayPal Account
To create a PayPal account, the following steps should be carefully followed to the later
- Launch PayPal official website by typing paypal.com into your device’s URL browser to create an account or install the app
- Click or tap Sign Up for Free or Sign Up on the home page of the website to begin the account creation process
- Type in your email address and choose a password. Endeavor to choose a strong password to avoid disconnection at any point in time or having people break your password and access your financial information. Also make sure to enter a valid email address, as you’ll need to use it to verify your account
- Enter your personal information in the space provided including your full name, valid contact address, and a valid phone number
- Enter your credit or debit card details into the space provide to continue your account creation. You can enter this now or later if you choose to, but at some point you will be needing it to verify your PayPal account
- Enter your correct bank account information to enable you to receive and transfer money to your bank account and also send to other users
- Apply for PayPal credit. PayPal have variety of credit products that helps you to finance your everyday purchase on PayPal.
Verify Your PayPal Account
After your account creation process, you will need to follow the steps bellow to verify your account to enable you to start buying and selling PayPal funds
- Confirm your email address. A confirmation email will be sent to you through your email address, click on ‘’Yes, this is my email” to confirm your email address
- Link your bank account with PayPal to send money from your bank account or transfer funds you receive to your account by clicking or tapping the Link a bank option on your account Summary page. If your bank is listed, you’ll be able to enter your online banking login information to automatically link your account but if not, simply enter your account number and routing number under the checks button and this will take a day or two to confirm
- Link your debit or credit cards to PayPal to manage your various credit and debit cards and allow you to checkout from websites without having to enter your information each time. To do this, simply clicking or tapping the Link a card option on the Summary page to add a card to your PayPal wallet.
- Ensure to enter the card number, expiration date, and security code. The name on the card must match with the name you used in creating your account.
What Are the Benefits of Using PayPal in Nigeria?
PayPal has been labeled, by some Nigerians, as being unfair probably because there are stringent restrictions on Nigerian PayPal accounts. In spite of these restrictions, Nigerian PayPal account holders are able to enjoy some of the benefits characteristic of U.S. and Canadian PayPal accounts. Just as applicable to other countries’ PayPal, here are the benefits of Nigerian PayPal:
Account creation comes at no cost –you are not charged any service fee for creating a PayPal account in Nigeria. However, you’ll be charged a relatively trifling amount of money for linking a debit or credit card to your PayPal account.
Possibility of linking multiple cards to your account –this is another benefit which means that PayPal permits you to tie as many as available debit/credit cards to your PayPal account.
No restriction on payments to foreign destinations –although there are a number of stringent restrictions on Nigerian PayPal accounts, PayPal users in Nigeria are allowed to make payment to foreign merchants for services and goods purchased, rendered or shipped to Nigeria.
What Are the Disadvantages of Using PayPal in Nigeria?
Nigerians, unlike the PayPal users in several other countries, encounter restrictions in their use of PayPal. In other words, using PayPal in Nigeria comes with limitations as PayPal denies Nigeria the unlimited access that many other countries enjoy. If you have a paramount need to use PayPal and would like to create a Nigerian PayPal account, you should be well informed about the associated limitations on your PayPal access.
Needless to say, people in the U.S., Canada and many other countries enjoy full access to all of PayPal’s functions but same cannot be said for Nigerians. Some Nigerians have lodged complaints about this, urging PayPal to allow them full access but it doesn’t seem PayPal will accede to their demand anytime soon. Therefore, below are the limitations you should bear in mind before creating a PayPal account in Nigeria:
Zero assurance of account retrieval –this happens to be the chief limitation on a typical Nigerian PayPal account. If you’re using a Nigerian PayPal account, you have to be extremely cautious as it is practically impossible to recover the account in the event of suspension.
You cannot hold more than one account –if you’re opening a PayPal account in Nigeria, you have to be aware of the fact that no one person (in Nigeria) is allowed to hold two or more accounts.
Unavailable to people below 18 –if you’re below 18 years of age, it will be difficult for you to create a PayPal account in Nigeria.
No chance for receiving funds –this is a critical limitation you should bear in mind as PayPal prohibits Nigerians from using its payment platform to receive funds (from other people). Holders of Nigerian PayPal accounts are only allowed to link their credit/debit cards to the accounts in order to pay for goods/services.
Using PayPal in Nigeria does come with both pros and cons but to some people, the cons far outweigh the pros. Before you finally opt for a Nigerian PayPal account, you’re strongly advised to contemplate whether you can tolerate the associated disadvantages. Although the benefits of Nigerian PayPal are no more than the advantages characteristic of Canadian or US PayPal, you can always prioritize them as the reason for creating a Nigerian PayPal account.* BEST DEALS & OFFERS*
◊On April 5th, 2021, Mitrobe network will be hosting a special training session on understanding cryptocurrency, crypto trading basics with binance and how to profit and make at least $100 daily from market volatility. Also, how to master pair to pair (P2P) trading ,withdraw and deposit monies to your bank account without hitches. --CLICK HERE TO JOIN
◊ Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE
◊Do you want to make good money daily betting on your favorite soccer games?Join Betgaranteed Telegram channel for constant and steady Football winning --CLICK HERE
◊Order Ultimate Virtual Soccer Hacks and Secretes to Win 100k Daily --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ ◊Grab Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online ( #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE