Qualcomm today announced its next-generation mobile processor under its “Snapdragon 6xx” series, the Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform. The new processor is here to succeed the company’s last year Snapdragon 660, offering up to 15-percent improved CPU performance and up to 25-percent improved graphics performance.
The chipset is based on the new Kryo 360 architecture, built on a power-efficient 10nm process using ARM Cortex technology. It also includes an efficient third-generation AI engine that offers up to 1.8x improved performance in AI applications. Coupled with the Snapdragon 670 is the new Adreno 615 GPU.
Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform Specifications
- Octa-Core— Dual 2.0GHz Kryo 360 CPU + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPU; 10nm process
- Memory: 2×16 LPDDR4x at 1866MHz; up to 16GB of RAM
- Storage: eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen 1), USB 2.0, SD 3.0
- Graphics: Adreno 615 GPU
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware™ technology,
- Supports up to Full HD+ displays, supports up to 4K external display
- Video: Up to 4K UltraHD @30fps (playback and capture), up to 1080p @120fps (capture); Hardware AVC (H.264) and HEVC (H.265) encode and decode, VP8, VP9
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP, supports up to 16MP dual camera or up to 25MP single camera
- Camera features: Hybrid Autofocus, Zero Shutter Lag, high quality video capture, , Accelerated Electronic Image Stabilization, Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF)
- Cat 12 speeds of up to 600 Mbps down via 3×20 MHz carrier aggregation in the downlink, and Cat 13 speeds of up to 150 Mbps up via 2×20 MHz uplink
- Supports Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDuo, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, and Bluetooth 5
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform is already available for OEMs, it is expected to launch in mobile devices in Q3 2018.