Not so long ago OPPO Realme brand introduced the Realme 2 in India, the company today has introduced the “Pro” model of the device with larger (and crisper) screen, more powerful processor, but with a smaller battery – the only downgrade. Almost all aspects have been upgraded to meet the Pro naming except the battery of course, which is not a deal breaker considering its dirt cheap price.
The Realme 2 Pro as called, features a 6.3-inch Full HD+ Dewdrop LCD display and is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 660 chipset, clubbed with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 128GB of expandable storage. At the rear is 16MP+2MP dual camera, while it bears another 16MP camera at the front.
The phone runs Color OS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo; has a dedicated dual SIM slot with dual 4G VoLTE supports, and is backed by a 3500mAh battery. It has a fingerprint sensor at the back in addition to face unlock security feature embedded in the front camera.
Realme 2 Pro Specifications
- 6.3-inch FullView 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 AIE Mobile Platform, Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB UFS 2.1 built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/1.7 aperture, Dual Pixel focus, Sony IMX398 sensor, LED flash; secondary 2-megapixel rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture; face unlock
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Color OS 5.2
- Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac dual band, Bluetooth 5 LE, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS
- Battery: 3500mAh
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 174 grams
- Colour(s): Black Sea, Ice Lake, Blue Ocean
The Realme 2 Pro 4GB/64GB and 6GB/64GB versions are priced at Rs 13,990 (US$196) and Rs 15,990 (US$224), respectively, while the 8GB/128GB version costs Rs 17,990 (US$252). It will be available from October 11th exclusively on Flipkart.