After several teasers, Realme today launched its X2 Pro flagship smartphone in China, the company latest addition under its “X” series line-up. The phone has a 6.55-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display that is HDR10+ certified with 90Hz refresh rate, and it boasts of 91.7% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by the Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset that has been overclocked for better performance. The firm revealed that it integrate a composite carbon fiber alongside the liquid cooling chamber to better dissipate heat.
The basic configuration have 6GB RAM and 64GB storage, while the high-end version have 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. There is also an 8GB RAM/128GB storage version. The type of storage used is UFS 3.0, but there is no MicroSD slot onboard. The Realme X2 Pro comes mounted with quad camera on the back; a 64MP main camera, a secondary 8MP ultra-wide angle lens, and a tertiary 13MP telephoto lens that lets the phone achieve 20x hybrid zoom. The fourth is a 2MP depth-sensing camera. At the front underneath the Waterdrop notch is a 16MP selfie camera.
Optical Image Stabilization and Electronic Image Stabilization ensure that still image and video are blur-free. There are Ultra Dark mode and Bokeh mode among the camera menus as well. Other features that the phone brings are in-display fingerprint sensor, 4D Gaming, 3.5mm headphones jack, stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, and 50W Super VOOC Flash Charge that can charge the phone from 0% to 100% within 35 minutes. The phone has a curve glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, which also protects the front.
Realme X2 Pro Specifications
- 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED 2.5D curved display with Full HD+ (2400×1080) resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+, DCI-PC, Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB /12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB built-in storage (UFS 3.0)
- 64-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL BRIGHT GW1 sensor sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, OIS, EIS; secondary 8-megapixel ultra-wide angle camera (115°) with f/2.2 aperture and 1.4μm pixel size, 13-megapixel telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture and 1μm pixel size, 2-megapixel depth camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX471 sensor
- OS: ColorOS 6.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM
- Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio, Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band / 2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 4000mAh / 3920mAh (typical/minimum), 50W SuperVOOC Flash Charge
- Dimensions: 161×75.7×8.7mm
- Weight: 199 grams
The 6GB/64GB version is priced at CN¥ 2699 (US$381), the 8GB/128GB version at CN¥ 2899 (US$409), while the premium version with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage costs CN¥ 3299 (US$466). Sales will begin on October 18th. Realme is offering CN¥ 100 discounts during first sale. It comes in Blue and White colors only.
The firm also introduced a special edition dubbed Realme X2 Pro Master Edition, designed by Naoto Fukasama. This have frosted glass and master signature on the back, and is themed in Red and Gray colors. It is also priced at CN¥ 3299 (US$466).