Xiaomi’s Redmi today announced the Redmi 8A Dual in India, an entry-level smartphone made for basic smartphone users. The device has a plastic body with patterns on the back that Redmi likes to call “Aura X Grip”, measuring 9.4mm at its thickest point, while the overall weight of the phone is 188 grams.
It comes with a 6.22-inch HD+ LCD screen that is protected by Gorilla Glass 5, is powered by a Snapdragon 439 chipset paired with up to 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage, while the whole system relied on MIUI-based Android 9.0 Pie. At the back resides 13MP+2MP dual camera with an 8MP camera pinned to the front inside the waterdrop notch with supports for face unlock. It however lacked a fingerprint sensor.
The Redmi 8A Dual have dedicated dual SIM slot, splash resistant body, and is backed by a 5000mAh battery with supports for 18W fast charging. A 10W charger is included in the package.
Redmi 8A Dual Specifications
- Display: 6.22-inch HD+ (1520×720) LCD, 19:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 1.95GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 64-bit chipset
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB
- Storage: 32GB eMMC 5.1 (expandable up to 512GB)
- Rear Camera (Dual): 13MP camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash; secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera (Single): 8MP camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 11
- Biometrics: Face unlock
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano+nano)
- Water protection: Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- Connectivity: WiFi, VoWiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000mAh, fast charging (18W), reverse charging
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm
- Weight: 188 grams
Colors provided are Sky White, Midnight Grey, and Sea Blue. The 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM versions are priced at Rs 6,499 (US$97) and Rs 6,999 (US$105), respectively. The Redmi 8A Dual will be available from February 18th on Amazon.in and Mi stores in India.