As expected today, Xiaomi has officially introduced Redmi Y3 in India, its latest budget Android smartphone. The device features a 6.26-inch HD+ waterdrop display, packed a Snapdragon 632 chipset paired with up to 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, sports 12MP+2MP dual rear camera, and is fuelled by a 4000mAh battery.
The phone major point of attraction is its front camera – the Redmi Y3 comes equipped with a 32MP selfie shooter imbibed with AI face unlock and AI Portraits. It is also splash-proof, thanks to its P2i nano coating. It runs Android Pie enhanced with MIUI 10, has dedicated dual SIM slot with Dual 4G VoLTE supports, while it housed a fingerprint sensor at the back.
Infra-red sensor is not left behind for remote function. It retains the 3.5mm audio jack from its predecessor.
Xiaomi Redmi Y3 Specifications
- 6.26-inch 2.5D curved glass display with HD+ (1520×720) resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, 450 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 64-bit 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 Mobile Platform, Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB built-in storage (expandable via MicroSD card)
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), 1.22μm pixel size, LED flash; secondary 2-megapixel depth camera
- 32-megapixel front camera
- Fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock
- P2i nano coating
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS, GLONASS, Micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack, IR sensor
- Battery: 4000mAh / 3900mAh (typical/minimum)
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm
- Weight: 180 grams
The 3GB/32GB version is priced at Rs 9,999 (US$140), while the 4GB/64GB version wears a price label of Rs 11,999 (US$168). Sales for the Redmi Y3 will begin on April 30th on Amazon.in and Mi online and offline stores.