Samsung today has officially brings its high-end smartphone, Galaxy C9 Pro, to India. The phone which was first announced in October last year will be available for pre-orders at selected online and offline retail stores across the region from Friday January 27 at a price of Rs 36,900 (US$538). Full sale is expected to commence sometime in February.
The Galaxy C9 Pro is Samsung first smartphone to packs 6GB of RAM. It features a 6.0-inch full-HD display with curved glass; is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 653 chipset; bears dual 16MP cameras, and is backed by a 4,000mAh battery. The device boots Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box and has a fingerprint sensor embedded beneath the home button. Notably, it supports dedicated dual SIM slots with 4G LTE.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Specifications
- 6.0-inch AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with full-HD (1920×1080) resolution, 367ppi
- 64-bit 1.95GHz octa-core Snapdragon 653 processor, Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB built-in storage (expandable via MicroSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/1.9 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac dual band, Bluetooth 4.2, ANT+, 4G LTE, 3G, 2G, GPS/A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4,000mAh, fast charging
- Dimensions: 162.9×80.7×6.9mm
- Weight: 189 grams
- Colour(s): Gold, Rose Gold
The company on Monday launched Galaxy C7 Pro in China which is a slightly more powerful variant of Galaxy C7 that was released last year. It also sports dual 16-megapixel cameras, one equipped at the rear and the other at the front. Other specs includes 4GB RAM, 64GB inbuilt storage, fingerprint sensor, and 3,300mAh battery. It is priced at CNY 2799 (US$405).