Samsung in Q3 2018 introduced its first Android Go smartphone, today, the firm has launched a new successor in India running Android 9.0 Pie. Simply called Galaxy A2 Core (SM-J260), the phone features a 5-inch display just as its predecessor, but this is powered by a more efficient Exynos 7870 processor.
Although the RAM capacity is still pegged to 1GB, the storage onboard is twice as much as – giving you more space to store your audio, videos and other files. The Galaxy A2 Core can shoot photo through its 5MP rear camera; there is also a 5MP camera at the front if taking selfie is your thing.
The usual range of connectivity including 4G VoLTE and 3.5mm audio jack are present, while it packed a 2600mAh removable Li-ion battery behind just like its predecessor.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core Specifications
- 5.0-inch TFT display with qHD (540×960) resolution, 294ppi pixel density
- 1.8GHz Exynos 7870 64-bit octa-core processor, Mali-T830 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB built-in storage (expandable via MicroSD card)
- 5-megapixel rear camera, Auto Focus, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera, Fixed Focus
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie (Go edition)
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 3G, 2G, GPS, FM radio, Micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- Dimensions: 141.6x71x9.1mm
- Weight: 142 grams
Themed in White and Black colors, the phone is available at offline stores across India for Rs 5290 ($74).