The Lagos Government on Sunday, September 13 listed guidelines for schools to reopen for the 2020/2021 academic session.
In a statement by the Commissioner of Education, Folashade Adefisayo, the state is adopting a phased reopening of public schools, to enable them “meet COVID-19 social distance rules and safety protocols and will help us watch the behavior of the pandemic as we gradually open up our schools.”
According to the state government, private primary and secondary schools in Lagos State are permitted to resume from Monday, September 21.
- Students in JS3 and SS2 in public schools are to resume classes from Monday, September 21, while students in other classes are to continue taking lessons online and other distance learning platforms.
- The resumption will allow the current JS 3 students who are already in an exiting class that will take them into Senior Secondary classes to revise and get properly ready and well prepared for their Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) which will be taking place soon and organized by the Lagos State Examination Board and scheduled between Tuesday, 6th and Monday, 12th of October, 2020.
- The resumption will also afford the present SS 2 students an opportunity to prepare effectively for their transition to SS 3. The dates and venues put for the Entrance Examination to get into Lagos State Model Colleges will be announced very soon by the State Examination Board,” the statement reads.
- In the meantime, the unopened classes in public schools will continue their lessons on our various distance learning platforms (Online platform, radio, television, and WhatsApp) while the next phase for physical resumption will be announced in due course,”.
- Pre-primary classes in both public and private schools are to remain closed until further announcements are made, the ministry said.
- Owners of private schools across the state are encouraged to put the safety of their students first and adopt the approach of the state government by opening in phases.
◊Become an Expert Cryptocurrency Trader and Investor With My Winning Master plan and strategies. Get a 1-7 days Course Live on Zoom with complete mentorship and first hand signals With 30% Off Original Price For Just 100 Slots--CLICK HERE
◊Get Free ₦1,000 plus 5% - 15% interests on savings and over 35% return on investments: Create a Free Account on PiggyVest --CLICK HERE
◊Do you want to make good money daily betting on your favorite soccer games?Join Betgaranteed Telegram channel for constant and steady Football winning --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE
◊ ◊Grab Ultimate List of Over 100+ Companies That Pays You Up To $2500 To Blog and Post Online ( #3000 Only))- CLICK HERE