Sharp has finally officially announced its AQUOS S3 smartphone that has been rumored for a while. The Taiwanese company today unwrapped its latest flagship in its home country, the device will be available in Taiwan first before it launch in other select markets.
The AQUOS S3 is touted as the most compact 6-inch smartphone by company, the 6-inch display have a Full HD+ (2160p) resolution and the aspect ratio is 18:9, as could be expected. The display brought a notch too which accommodates the front camera and the usual proximity and ambient light sensors. The phone is driven by a Snapdragon 630 octa-core chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM.
There are two cameras on the back—the first having a 12MP sensor with f/1.75 aperture, while there is a secondary 13MP sensor for capturing the depth. A 16MP camera resides at the front for taking selfie and for unlocking the phone. The AQUOS S3 runs Android 8.0 Oreo, has a fingerprint sensor on its glass back, and is fuelled by a 3200mAh battery.
Sharp AQUOS S3 Specifications
- 6.0-inch 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2160×1080) resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 550 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform, Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB built-in storage (expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD card)
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, wide-angle lens, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash; secondary 13-megapixel camera with telephoto lens
- 16-megapixel front camera, Sony IMX576 sensor, f/2.0 aperture; Face Unlock
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo, Smile UX
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5, 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3100mAh (minimum) / 3,200mAh (typical), Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 74.2 x 7.98 mm
- Weight: 165.44 grams
The AQUOS S3 will be sold for NT$ 11,990 (US$412) from April 1st. It comes in Black color option only.