Alongside Xperia XZ announced earlier, Sony also launched Xperia X Compact. As the name suggest, it is a decently-specd mini variant of Xperia X. It comes with a 4.6-inch HD display and packs a Snapdragon 650 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM.
The phone also boasts a 23MP camera with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus just as Xperia XZ and houses a 13MP front camera. It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow, bears a fingerprint sensor below the power button, and is fuelled by a 2700mAh battery.
Sony Xperia X Compact Specifications
- 4.6-inch Triluminous display with HD (1280×720) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor, Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 23-megapixel rear camera 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Exmor RS, Predictive Hybrid Autofocus, 5-axis stabilization
- 5-megapixel wide-angle lens front camera, Exmor RS sensor, full-HD (1080p) video recording
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Fingerprint sensor
- Digital Noise Cancelling
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, 4G LTE, 3G, GPS/A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 2700mAh, Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging
- Dimensions: 129 x 65 x 9.5mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- Color(s): White, Mist Blue, Universe Black
The Xperia X Compact pricing is not revealed yet but it is expected to go sale in October this year.