Do you want to format your Laptop or Desktop computer and you are looking for a step-by-step guide on How to Format a Laptop or Desktop Computer? then you have come to the right place.
How to Format a Laptop or Desktop Computer
Below are the four methods you can use to format your Laptop or Desktop computer.
Method 1. Format Laptop Windows 10 with Reset this PC
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to format window 10.
- Click the Start menu then click on setting which usually has a gear icon
- Click the Update & Security tab, then click the Recovery tab from the left panel.
- . Check available options:
- Reset this PC: This is exactly the option that we need, but you should also check other ones which may be able to fix some issues on Windows 10.
- Advanced startup:
- More recovery options:
- Back up your files:
- Step 4. Click the Get started button under Reset this PC, then you will see two options:
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
- Keep my files: remove apps and settings, but keep your personal files.
- Remove everything: remove all of your personal files, apps, and settings.
- Step 5. Complete erasing of data.
You will be given two alternatives when it comes to the computer’s formatting process: After choosing the “Remove everything” option, I simply removed my data and cleaned my drive.
Simply removing my files allows the user to restore media and files from the computer’s hard disk. If the user sells his computer or lends it to someone else, the data is at risk since a third party can quickly recover all of the files and data from the hard drive. As a result, this choice becomes less secure and hazardous.
It takes time to remove files and clear my drive, but it is entirely safe. It completely erases all data from the system, including the hard disk. However, the system necessitates considerable effort.
- Step 6. Click Next when the operating system asks for confirmation, then click the Reset button.
By restarting the computer, the Windows 10 machine will begin the reset procedure. Wait until the reset procedure is complete, which could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, and then your PC will boot up with a fresh copy of Windows 10.
Method 2. Format Laptop Windows 7 with System Repair Disc
- Turn on your laptop and click Control Panel > Backup and Restore > Create a system repair disc.
- Now, Insert a CD into your laptop and click “Create disc”. Then click on “Close” and “OK”.
- Press the F10 or F12 button to enter the boot menu and select the CD as a boot device. Click “Enter” and “Next”, then select your windows system in “Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows”.
- Click “Next” and “Command Prompt”. Enter “Format c:/fs:NTFS” and start to format your system disk.
Method 3. Format Laptop with Windows Installation USB/CD (Windows 7/8/10)
- Press “Delete” to enter the BIOS when starting your laptop. Select “Advanced BIOS Features” and set the First Boot Device to CDROM. Click Y to save and exit setup.
- Insert the Windows installation USB or CD into your laptop, and then enter “DOS”.
- Type “format C:/” in the DOS prompt and enter Y to complete formatting.
- After formatting, insert your own Windows 7/8/10 system disk (CD boot) and follow the instructions to install.
Method 4. Format Laptop Without Windows Installation USB/CD
- Turn on your computer, then press F8 or F11 before Windows loads.
- Click “Next” to enter System Recovery. There are two options for choose. If you have already backed data up, Destructive Recovery will help you get a brand-new laptop.
- The utility will complete the formatting and restart your laptop. all you have to do is to wait patiently until the last.