UNIUYO Postgraduate Form 2020/2021 is out – see eligible candidates, duration of program, how to apply and everything you need to know.
This is to inform interested candidates that applications are hereby invited for admission into Postgraduate Programmes (PGDE, MSc. and Ph.D.) in the University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Form Requirements 2020/2021
- To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other university recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma.
- To qualify for admission into a master’s degree programme, applicants should be graduates with a Second Class Honours degrees in the Lower Division with a:
- CGPA of not less than 2.75 on a five-point scale, or
- CGPA of not less than 2.2 on a four-point scale
3. To qualify for admission into a master’s degree programme in the (i) Faculty of Agriculture or (ii) Department of Architecture, an applicant should be a graduate with at least a Second Class Honours degree in the Lower Division (irrespective of CGPA)
4. Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of one of the following:
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
- Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM)
- MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
5. Applicants for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other university recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and an overall average score of at least 60% (B).
6. All applicants should have credit pass at O’Level in five relevant subjects including English Language obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with O’Level examination results before 2016 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
7. Applicants for LLM and PhD in Law must have credit passes in English Literature as one of the five relevant O’Level subjects.
8. Applicants for the Faculty of Agriculture must have credit passes in chemistry as one of the five relevant O’Level subjects.
9. All applicants will undergo
- a screening test which will cover the subject area of specialization (but see CBT Section below for exemption).
- an oral interview which will focus on the written research proposal earlier submitted by the candidate (but see CBT Section 6 for exemption).
10.NYSC Completion Certificates (Discharge Certificates), Exemption Certificates or Exclusion Certificates is required from all applicants. One of these certificates must be submitted with the application form or before the screening test is taken.
11. Applicants who obtained their first degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally; that is, through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
12. In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
13. Applicants must return their completed application forms with three hard copies of their Project Proposal (for those applying for PGD), Dissertation Proposal (for those applying for master’s programme) or Thesis Proposal (for those applying for PhD programmes). The research proposal which must be captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School Proposal Sheet should be word-processed with Times New Roman, font size 12, and double line spacing using the following heading and subheadings:
- TITLE (22 words maximum)
- CANDIDATE’S NAME (+ address + phone number + email)
- ABSTRACT (200 words maximum)
- LITERATURE REVIEW
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
- RELEVANCE OF STUDY
- ETHICAL ISSUES
- EXPECTED RESULTS
- REFERENCES (in alphabetical order, not more than 2 pages).
- EXPECTED PUBLICATIONS
i. What is written under Methodology may be more than one page but the text for all other subheadings should be less than 25 lines or not more than one page.
ii. The objectives of the study should be unbundled into (i) General Objective and (ii) Specific Objectives.
iii. Under Ethical Issues, give a conspectus explanation of relevant ethical issues that you will consider during the course of conducting your research.
iv. Under Innovation, explain the new invention, new knowledge, new approach or new ways of doing things, etc that your research will produce. Results obtained by applying extant methodology in a new environment may not be regarded as an innovation.
v. Use surname of authors followed by their initials. Arrange entries in your reference list using alphabetical order of the surname of the first author. Do not abbreviate journal names or any other proper name in the reference entries. Use single line spacing for each entry. Two adjacent entries should be separated by double line space. Use hanging indentation format for each entry. Do not use “et al” in the reference list; list the names of all authors.
vi. Under Expected Publications, list the complete titles of research articles that you expect to come out of your research when completed. For each title listed, give the name of the journal that such article will be published or academic conference it will be presented.
14. Candidates should ensure that their official academic transcript(s) and three letters of reference are forwarded under confidential cover to:
University of Uyo
Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria
Admissions will not normally be offered without transcript(s) and letters of reference.
Duration of UNIUYO Postgraduate Programmes 2020/21
- Master’s Degree Programme: Minimum period of four semesters or a maximum of six semesters.
- PhD Programme: a minimum of six semesters or a maximum of ten semesters.
- PGD in Education: Minimum of two semesters or a maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Educational Technology – a minimum of two semesters and maximum of four semesters.
- PGD in Engineering – a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- PGD in all other courses – a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters
- All programmes in the Postgraduate School are full time. Part time programmes are domiciled in the School of Continuing Education.
How To Apply for UNIUYO Postgraduate Form 2020/2021
Application Forms can be accessed ONLINE on payment of the sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000) only. To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via www.uniuyo.edu.ng and make payment online using ATM Card or in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Admission forms Link, then e-Forms, then Register link and enter your RRR
Online Registration and Payment Instruction;
- Visit https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals/ (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Admission Forms Link
- Select e-Form(s) Option
- Select Programme Type [Example; Masters(Full-Time) etc] as the Admission Form Type
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email Correctly
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment
- Payment can be made online or Bank branch via Remita Platform
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link
- Note your login credentials generated
- Login and complete your registration.
Enclosures To Accompany Form / Duration of Application for UNIUYO Postgraduate Form 2020/21
- All completed Application Forms should be submitted in line with the documents listed below;
- Photocopies of relevant credentials,
- Duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the Application Form,
- Three copies of research proposal should be forwarded to reach the Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo, Nigeria not later than Monday, 31st August, 2020. Applications received after this deadline may not be considered.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Form 2020/2021 Screening Date
Candidates will be required to take a screening test on a date to be announced.
That is all for now on UNIUYO Postgraduate Form 2020/2021. If you found this article helpful, it will be great to share with friends.