The curtain has been drawn off the Nubia Red Magic 3, the third iteration of ZTE gaming smartphone, as the company made an official announcement on Sunday in China. The device is an all-around flagship as it tend to special areas that its predecessors were lacking – bringing high-end display, improved performance, customizable RGB lighting, huge battery and many more.
The Red Magic 3 is Nubia first smartphone to have a display with 90Hz refresh rate. The display uses AMOLED for backlighting, measuring 6.65-inch in size with Full HD+ resolution. There is no notch, punch-hole, sink-hole or whatever in sight, it is classical at its best. This means you have a bottom bezel to rest your inactive fingers on when operating the phone. The top bezel housed 16MP (f/2.0) front camera, earpiece, and the usual array of sensors.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
The classic delight further extend to the back where you will only find one pentagonal-shaped camera; this is in fact the 48MP (f/1.7) Sony IMX586 sensor you do see on upper mid-flagship these days, with an actual effective output resolution of 12MP after pixel binning. Above the rear camera is dual LED flash and below is a diamond-shaped fingerprint sensor for biometric authentication.
Right beneath the fingerprint sensor is an RGB LED strip with over 16.8 million of colors that can be fully customized using the pre-installed “Red Magic’s light effects editor”. At the side are the volume and power buttons, and a dedicated button to trigger the “Red Magic Game Space 2.0″ – a program that provides the interface to fine-tune various hardware of the device including the fan speed, view usage statistics in real-time, enable/disable in-game recording, block notifications, and lots more.
Let’s dive inside, powering the Red Magic 3 is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 7nm octa-core chipset, clubbed with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage. ZTE revealed that the phone uses a state-of-the-art active liquid cooling system with an internal turbo fan that can dramatically lowers the temperature by 16°C. These also evenly distribute heat by 500%.
Other features onboard includes 4D Gaming that uses a real-time scene detection to offer subtle haptic that go in rhythm with gameplay; dual front-firing stereo speakers with DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, and 3.5mm headphones jack. The Nubia Red Magic 3 inherited the dual shoulder touch buttons from Red Magic Mars for joystick-like experience. The whole system is powered by a monstrous 5,000mAh battery with supports for 27W fast charging.
Nubia Red Magic 3 Complete Specifications
- 6.65-inch AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with FHD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, HDR
- 64-bit 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 built-in storage (non-expandable)
- 48-megapixel rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor, twin-LED flash
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Red Magic OS 2.0
- Fingerprint sensor (rear mounted)
- Stereo speakers, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band + 4×4 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS/Beiduo, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 27W fast charging
- Dimensions: 171.7×78.5×9.65mm
- Weight: 215 grams
- Color(s): Red, Flame Red, Black, Camouflage, Red with Blue gradient
- Red Magic 3 6GB/64GB -> CNY 2899 (US$430)
- Red Magic 3 6GB/128GB -> CNY 3199 (US$475)
- Red Magic 3 8GB/128GB -> CNY 3499 (US$519)
- Red Magic 3 12GB/256GB -> CNY 4299 (US$638)
The phone will be available in China from May 3rd and from there will roll out to other select markets, including the U.S, Canada, U.K, and Europe, in the coming weeks.
Update (June 17, 2019)
The Nubia Red Magic 3 was welcomed with applause when it debuted in late April, not because of the added functionality and outstanding features it bring along, but because it packed a more sufficient battery, which is one of the most crucial requirements for many smartphone buyers. Few weeks after its official unveiling the phone has finally arrived to India.
Two models in different configuration will currently be available; the standard version with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage painted in Red and Blue colors, priced at Rs 35,999 (US$504), and the Camouflage version with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, priced at Rs 46,999 (US$658). The e-commerce store Flipkart will be selling the phone from June 27th.