Vivo iQOO brand has made official a tune-down version of its flagship iQOO smartphone that was released earlier this year. The new device dubbed iQOO Neo, is an upper mid-ranger. It features a 6.39-inch AMOLED display that touts a Full HD+ resolution, and there is a waterdrop notch at the top that harbored a 16MP selfie shooter.
Under the hood is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset, clubbed with up to 128GB of inbuilt storage. The firm revealed that it uses a liquid cooling system to further lower the temperature. The phone comes in two varieties, the first have 6GB of RAM and the second 8GB of RAM. At the rear of the iQOO Neo settled triple rear camera in 12MP+8MP+2MP configuration. Below the cameras is a LED flash for lighting.
The iQOO Neo runs Android 9.0 Pie topped with FunTouch OS 9, has an in-display fingerprint sensor for biometric security, retains the 3.5mm audio jack from iQOO, and is backed by a 4500mAh battery with fast charging. It also supports “4D Gaming” – a feature that uses real-time scene detection to offer subtle haptic that go in rhythm with the gameplay.
iQOO Neo Specifications
- 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD+ (2340×1080) resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 90% screen-to-body ratio
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB storage (non-expandable)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera, f/1.79 aperture, Sony IMX363 sensor, LED flash; secondary 8MP ultra-wide angle (108°) lens, f/2.4 aperture; 2MP depth camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP Dual Pixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, FunTouch OS 9
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5.0, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 4500mAh, 22.5W fast charging
- Dimensions: 157.69×75.2×8.51mm
- Weight: 196 grams
The phone comes in Elecro-optic Blue and Carbon Black colors with gradient texture finnish. The 6GB/64GB version is priced at CNY 1798 (US$261), the 6GB/128GB version is priced at CNY 1998 (US$290), the 8GB/64GB version is priced CNY 2098 (US$305), while the high-end version with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage costs CNY 2298 (US$334). Sales begin on July 8th but it is already available for order.