The Y17, Vivo’s latest lower mid-range smartphone was introduced in India today. The device, which measures 8.92mm in thickness features a 6.2-inch waterdrop display with HD+ resolution and an aspect ratio of 19.3:9. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio P35 12nm octa-core chipset integrated with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
The phone comes in 4GB RAM/128GB storage version only, with a MicroSD slot provided to further expand it up to 256GB. Triple camera resides at the back of the Vivo Y17 – the primary camera has a 13MP sensor, the secondary is a 2MP camera for capturing the depth of field, this is closely followed by an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens.
There is a 20MP camera at the front for video calling and selfie. The cameras are AI optimized. The Y17 drawn its power from a 5000mAh battery, the largest ever seen in the “Y” series line-up. The battery can be charged within minutes, thanks to its 18W dual-engine fast charging.
Vivo Y17 Specifications
- 6.35-inch IPS 2.5D curved glass display with HD+ (1544×720) resolution, 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit 2.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P35 processor, PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 13MP rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash; secondary 2MP depth camera; 8MP ultra-wide angle camera (120° FOV) with f/2.2 aperture
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, face unlock
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, FunTouch OS 9
- Rear mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, Micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 5000mAh / 4880mAh (typical/minimum), 18W fast charging
- Dimensions: 159.43×76.77×8.92mm
- Weight: 190.5 grams
The Y17 is available at offline retail outlets across India in Mystic Blue and Mystic Purple colors, at a price of Rs 17,990 (US$260).