Vivo has made a new addition to its “Y series” smartphone line-up in Vietnam named Y81. The device arrived to the aforementioned country on Thursday and it is already available for purchase for VND 4,990,000 (~$220) at some select stores.
The phone inherited its design and most of its specs from Y83 that was introduced in May. It features a 6.22-inch HD+ 19:9 LCD display with a notch and packed a MediaTek Helio P22 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM. It has an inbuilt storage of 32GB, which is further expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card.
At the rear of the smartphone is a 13MP autofocus camera with LED flash, while it bears a 5MP front-facing camera with supports for face unlock. The phone lacked a fingerprint sensor and is backed by a 3260mAh battery.
Vivo Y81 Specifications
- 6.22-inch IPS 2.5D curved glass display with HD+ (1520×720) resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio
- 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) processor, PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2 aperture, face unlock
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS 4
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 5, 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, Micro-USB
- Battery: 3260mAh
- Dimensions: 155.06 x 75.0 x 7.77mm
- Weight: 146.5 grams