Computer Safety Measures
The computer profession, like any other is full of risk. The system unit and monitor emit or dissipate heats that are harmful to the body.
Computer safety measures simply refers to ethical and vivid /precise precautionary measures accurately taken in order to ensure safety or protection of the computer system from danger or subsequent attacks.
Computer safety measures can also be likened to computer security where users make use of the computer while keeping it absolutely safe from threats and attacks.
>>Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? join our Telegram Channel stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Computer security can be defined as controls and safety measures that are put in place to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability for all components of computer systems.
These are the precaution that computer professionals should be aware of when using the computer to avoid health problems and accidents.
Safety measures to be taken are:
- Good ventilation: The need for air conditioner or fan is necessary for the computer user to be comfortable.
- Setting computers: When setting a computer room the following must be taken:The computer must be space apart,free entry and exit, computer library should be close to the computer room.
- Dust free environment: Dust should be prevented as often as possible in the computer. The floor must always be kept clean , the computer and it’s peripheral should be covered using the dust cover after use.
- Protection from power problems: The surge protectors, the use of stabilizer and UPS(Uninterrupted Power Supply) must be upheld to prevent any damage caused by power fluctuations.
- Good lightening: The computer room should be well illuminated, use of LED( Lead emitter display) bulbs should be used to provide light to make the room bright for all the activities carried out.
- Keeping liquid away from the computer room.
Computer room is a building where computers are kept for staffs and students to use in an organization.
Examples Schools, Hospitals, Government establishments, private businesses, and so on.
Computer Laboratory Rules and Regulations
- Computer games are prohibited
- Eating and drinking in computer rooms are prohibited
- Any behaviour that interferes with the work of other students or user and staffs is prohibited.
- Users are required to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the integrity of passwords.
- Any attempt to interfere with the integrity of the systems or data stored on any system is prohibited.
- It is an offense to use or store unlicensed software on any system.
- There should be no eating
- Do not rest or team
- There should be no noise or fighting in the computer room
- Handle the equipment’s with care
- All computers should be cover after use
- Do not receive visitors in the computer room
- There should be strong security around the computer room to prevent theft
- The system should be shut down or turned off after use.
- Computer and related devices are not heat friendly, therefore do not operate
computer in a poorly ventilated environment.
- Never switch off computers but shut down properly to avoid creating irreparable errors on your hard disk.
- Do not leave computer or related devices while they are not being used.
- Always cover computers and other devices with their cover when they are not in use to prevent them form dust
- Always follow the shutdown procedure and never turn off the computer until a
screen massage tells you to do so
- Do not shake the desk or table while the computer and the other related devices are working to interrupt.
** GET Ultimate Bet9ja Hacks and Secretes to Win #100K Daily (Grab your copy #2000 Only)- CLICK HERE
** CcnWorldTech.com is now on Telegram. Join our Telegram channel (@CCNWORLDTECH and stay updated with the latest headlines--CLICK HERE
Cccnworldtech works assiduously by integrating lots of effort and resources in our content delivery system, providing our readers with plagiarism-free articles, original and high-quality write-ups. We strongly advise that Contents on this website may not be copied, republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. Don't know the consequences of copyright infringement? Check Here. In an effort to protect our intellectual properties, we will instantly report your website to Google without prior notice and your website be removed from search engines and you may receive a strike. All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).