Xiaomi in July introduced Mi A2 in China and during the launching event promised to bring the smartphone to India, now, the company has fulfilled its promise by announcing the phone in India today. However, only the 4GB RAM/64GB storage model pricing and availability were made known with the 6GB/128GB model tagged as coming soon.
The Mi A2 is Xiaomi’s first to runs Android One software, which in this case is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. At the India launch event, Xiaomi said it will roll out Android 9.0 Pie update for the device later this year. The phone features a 5.99-inch Full HD+ screen; packed a Snapdragon 660 chipset, and is powered by a 3010mAh battery.
It has dual camera setup at the back in 12MP+20MP configuration, while a 20MP camera sits at the front with supports for face unlock. The Mi A2 has a fingerprint sensor at back and comes with a hybrid dual SIM slot.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Specifications
- 5.99-inch 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2160×1080) resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform, Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, LED flash; secondary 20-megapixel rear camera, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX376 sensor
- 20-megapixel front-facing camera, Sony IMX376 sensor, soft LED flash
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5 LE, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS + GLONASS, USB TYPE-C, IR sensor
- Battery: 3010mAh / 2910mAh (typical/minimum), Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold
The 4GB/64GB model is priced at Rs 16,999 ($255). It will be available for pre-order starting from August 9th on Amazon.in and Mi store, while the first batch will set sail on August 16th.