Alongside the new iPhone 8 series , Apple also launched a high-end flagship killer smartphone running its latest iOS 11 operating system, the iPhone X. It is explicitly different from the new iPhones in terms of design and it also comes with additional features and improved biometric security.
It is driven by the same chip (A11 Bionic) that powered the iPhone 8’s, but this comes with a larger and crisper 5.8-inch OLED display with a stunning 1000000:1 contrast ratio and 458PP1. The display is HDR10 and Dolby Vision certified. Moreover, Apple has ditched the Touch ID fingerprint sensor in favor of Face ID facial recognition for smart unlocking and authentication, leaving enough space for the iPhone X to touts an almost bezel-less design.
The iPhone X cameras have the same properties as iPhone 8 Plus cameras with supports of AR (Augmented Reality). The phone runs iOS 11 and is water and dust resistant.
iPhone X Specifications
- 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina HD display with 2436×1125 pixel resolution, 458PPI, 3D Touch, 1000000:1 contrast ratio
- 64-bit six-core A11 Bionic processor with M11 motion co-processor, three-core GPU
- 64GB / 256GB built-in storage
- 12-megapixel (wide-angle + f/1.8 aperture) + 12-megapixel (telephoto + f/2.4 aperture) rear cameras, f/1.8 aperture, Optical Image Stabilization, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording @60fps, 1080p Slo-mo recording @240fps
- 7-megapixel front camera, f/2.2 aperture, Retina flash, 1080p video recording
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition
- OS: iOS 11
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual-band + MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, 4G LTE + VoLTE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Battery: up to 21 hours of talk time, up to 12 hours use of internet use; Qi wireless charging
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 70.9 × 7.7 mm
- Weight: 174 grams
- Color(s): Silver, Space Gray
The 64GB storage version of iPhone X is priced at $999 while the 256GB model costs $1,149. It will be available for select markets including US and Canada from October 27th. Pre-orders begins on Friday September 15th.