Huawei at a special event held today in London unveiled its next generation Honor smartphones, the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro. The phones are here to succeed the Honor 10 in every aspects, especially in the photography department. Sitting at the back of these high-end mobiles are quad rear camera; the Honor 20 boasting of a 48MP (f/1.8) sensor, a secondary 16MP ultra-wide angle lens, a tertiary 2MP depth camera, and a quarter 2MP Macro camera for close shot.
The Honor 20 Pro has a more matured camera properties. Although it uses the same 48MP sensor for its main camera, this has a larger f/1.4 aperture, the first ever on a mobile phone. It has a secondary 16MP ultra-wide angle lens, while the tertiary depth camera on the Honor 20 has been replaced by an 8MP telephoto lens. The 2MP Macro remains untouched. Another thing that differentiate the cameras of the new Honor phones is that the “Pro” model have 4-axis optical image stabilization on its main camera and telephoto camera, while the vanilla one relied on electronic image stabilization.
Honor 20 Pro
Apart from the camera, the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro differs in another area – they packed different battery. Other specs go in rhythm from here, these includes 6.26-inch Full HD+ display, Kirin 980 octa-core CPU, 32MP front camera, side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and SuperCharge fast charging. The phones have dedicated dual SIM slots but lacked MicroSD card slots. They also lacked 3.5mm audio jack.
Check out their complete specs below:
Huawei Honor 20 / Honor 20 Pro Specifications
- 6.26-inch All-View Full HD+ (2340×1080) display, 412PPI
- 64-bit 2.6GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor, Mali-G76 MP10 GPU, dual NPU
- 6GB (Honor 20) / 8GB (Honor 20 Pro) LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB (Honor 20) / 256GB (Honor 20 Pro) UFS 2.1 built-in storage (non-expandable)
- Honor 20 -> 48MP (f/1.8 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor) + 16MP (f/2.2 aperture / 117-degree ultra wide-angle lens) + 2MP (f/2.4 aperture / depth) + 2MP Macro camera (f/2.4) quad rear camera, AIS (Huawei AI Image Stabilization)
- Honor 20 Pro -> 48MP (f/1.4 aperture, Sony IMX586 sensor) + 16MP (f/2.2 aperture / 117-degree ultra wide-angle lens) + 8MP (f/2.2 aperture / Telephoto) + 2MP Macro camera (f/2.4) quad rear camera, 4-axis OIS, EIS, PDAF, LAF, 3x loss-less optical zoom
- 32-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 3D Portrait Lighting
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Magic UI 2.1
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB-C Audio, dual microphones, Virtual 9.1 Surround Sound, Huawei Histen 6.0
- Dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual band), Bluetooth 5 LE (aptX / aptX HD / LDAC), Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, USB Type-C
- Honor 20 Battery: 3,750mAh, 22.5W SuperCharge fast charging
- Honor 20 Pro Battery: 4,000mAh, 22.5W SuperCharge fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.25×73.97×7.87mm (Honor 20) / 154.6×73.97×8.44mm (Honor 20 Pro)
- Weight: 174 grams (Honor 20) / 182 grams (Honor 20 Pro)
The Honor 20 is priced at €499 (US$556) and will be available in Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue and Icelandic White colors, while the Honor 20 Pro is priced at €599 (US$668) and will be available in Phantom Black and Phantom Blue colors. Sales is expected to begin in Europe and Asia by next month.
Update (June 11, 2019)
The Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro were announced in London on May 21st and later become available in most European countries after then. Today, the firm have bring the smartphones to India. The 6GB RAM/128GB storage version of the Honor 20, priced at Rs 32,999 (US$461), will be available from June 25th on Flipkart. The “Pro” model with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage will arrive later at a price of Rs 39,999 (US$560).