Huawei earlier this year introduced the Y9 2019, now, the company has launched a smaller variant of the device dubbed Y6 2019. It comes with a 6.09-inch Dewdrop LCD display, is powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 chipset, sports 13MP/8MP front and rear camera, and is backed by a 3020mAh battery.
The phone runs Android Pie based on EMUI and supports dual SIM with dual standby. It has a fingerprint sensor at the back for biometric security.
Huawei also launched Y6 Pro 2019 in some markets, it shared identical specs and body design with the Y6 but lacked a fingerprint sensor.
Huawei Y6 2019 / Y6 Pro 2019 Specifications
- 6.09-inch IPS 2.5D curved glass display with HD+ (1560×720) resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.0GHz quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 processor, IMG PowerVR GE series GPU
- 2GB (Y6) / 3GB RAM (Y6 Pro)
- 32GB built-in storage (expandable up to 512GB via MicroSD card)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, flash, face unlock
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor (Y6)
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual 4G VoLTE, 3G, 2G, GPS, GLONASS, Micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3020mAh
- Dimensions: 156.28×73.5×8.0mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Colour(s): Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, Gold
The Y6 2019 is on sale in Russia for RUB 9,770 ($148 USD), while the Y6 Pro 2019 is selling in the Philippines for PHP 6,990 ($134 USD).