This is the season of tall screens and dual rear camera and they are not going away anytime soon. Lenovo has join the queue with the launch of S5, which brings a 5.7-inch 18:9 display and dual 13MP rear camera to China. The phone will appeal to those who wants something average with a decent price.
The display is Full HD+ (2160p) and there is no notch, which is a good thing. An octa-core Snapdragon 625 chipset powered it up accompanied with up to 4GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage. The Lenovo S5 front 16MP camera offers face unlock, which should work well in low-light considering its moderate f/2.0 aperture. It also has wide-angle lens, so you can take group selfie. The face unlock is optional though as you can use your fingerprint to unlock the phone.
It runs Android 8.0 Oreo enhanced with Lenovo proprietary ZUI 3.7 and there is a 3000mAh battery behind for power.
Lenovo S5 Specifications
- 5.7-inch 2.5D curved glass display with Full HD+ (2160×1080) resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit 2.0GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform, Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB / 128GB built-in storage (expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD card)
- Dual 13-megapixel (Monochrome + RGB) rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 80.2-degree wide-angle lens
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo, ZUI 3.7
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, 4G VoLTE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Dimensions: 154 × 73.5 × 7.8mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Colour(s): Midnight Black, Flame Red
The basic model with 3GB RAM+32GB storage is priced at CNY 999 ($157); the 4GB RAM+64GB storage model at CNY 1199 ($189), while the 4GB RAM+128GB storage model costs CNY 1499 ($236). It will be available later this month.