After several leaks and rumors, Samsung today officially announced Galaxy Note8, the company’s latest high-end smartphone and the company’s first to sport dual rear cameras. Much like the Galaxy S8 series, the phone comes with an infinity display that is bezel-less at both sides. The display flaunts a QHD+ resolution, placed inside a 6.3-inch screen, touting an astounding aspect ratio of 18.5:9.
The phone is driven by an octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset coupled with Adreno 540 GPU. Samsung is also offering an Exynos variant that is sideloaded with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU. The Galaxy Note8 that was unveiled today packs a 6GB of RAM, but the firm may release an 8GB RAM version in the near future, though there is no official confirmation on this yet.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
Moving on, as we already said, this is the first dual rear camera smartphone to be released by Samsung. At the rear is a 12MP camera with a large f/1.7 aperture, while a secondary 12MP camera is placed right besides the main, also having an f/2.4 aperture. An 8MP camera with f/1.7 aperture is equipped at the front for selfie.
The Galaxy Note8 inherited Iris sensor from its predecessor but also comes with a fingerprint scanner, which is embedded on the left besides the LED flash of its twin rear camera. Furthermore, the Galaxy Note8 also has an inbuilt heart rate sensor just like previous Galaxy Note series. It is waterproof and dustproof certified with IP68 rating as it can survive for 30 minutes in up to 1.5 meters deep of water.
The Note8 is bundled with an improved S Pen for sketching, drawing, writing, and highlighting. The S Pen comes with tons of new features and improved pressure sensitivity. The phone runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is backed by a 3300mAh battery with supports of fast charging and wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display with Quad-HD+ (2960×1440) resolution, 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU / 64-bit octa-core Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB built-in storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- 12-megapixel Dual Pixel wide-angle rear camera, 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), LED flash; secondary 12-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, up to 10x optical zoom
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback
- Water and dust resistance (IP68)
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor
- Hybrid dual SIM
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ac (dual-band), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, 4G VoLTE, 3G, GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS, NFC, MST, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Sensors: Gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Proximity Sensor, Heart Rate sensor, Iris sensor, Hall sensor, RGB Light sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Pressure sensor
- Battery: 3,300mAh, fast charging, wired and wireless (WPC/PMA) charging
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Color(s): Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue, Marple Gold, Midnight Black
It will be available for pre-orders in the U.S via network carriers and select stores from Thursday August 24th and will shipped on September 15th. Global availability is scheduled for mid September.
Pricing details of the Galaxy Note8 for U.S, U.K, and Europe were revealed few hours after the phone went official.
They are as follows:
- Verizon Wireless -> $960 off-contract or $40/month for 2 years on Verizon device payment
- T-Mobile -> $930 off-contract or $210 down and $30 a month on T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan, or $0 down and $39 a month on JUMP!
- AT&T -> $949.99 off-contract or AT&T Next for $31.67 for 30months when you have eligible service
- Sprint -> $960 off-contract
Those who order one in the U.S via these carriers before September 24 will get a free Samsung Gear 360 camera worth $229.99 or a free Samsung EVO+ 128GB memory card and fast wireless charging convertible. The phone will also be available offline on Walmart, Target, and Best Buy.
- Unlocked -> £869 (approx $1110) or £32.8/month for 2 years on Samsung Upgrade Programme payment
Those who order one in the U.K will get a free Samsung DeX station that is worth $139.99. It can be purchase on U.K network carriers EE, Vodafone, Three UK, Virgin Mobile, Sky, and Carphone Warehouse; on Samsung.com/uk, and select retail outlets.
- Unlocked -> €999 (approx $1179) or £41.63/month for 2 years
Free Samsung DeX station is offered for European customers as well.
◊[Easy BET and WIN 100%] Click Here To Get Daily Sure Football Predictions From Team Of Experts. --CLICK HERE
◊Register Your Business Name With CAC and Get it in less than 2 weeks--CLICK HERE