Earlier this year, Huawei launched SnapTo (G620) and P8 Max, the first was released in the U.S while the later is yet to cross the China border. Today, we’ll be sharing how you can easily root the Huawei SnapTo and and the P8 Max step-by-step without damaging your device. Before these smartphones can be rooted, you will first need to unlock their bootloader which we’ll also cover in this post.
By now, we believe almost all Android users (atleast 85%) are already familiar with the word ROOT, if you don’t know what it is we suggest you read this. Now, to the main task.
◊Join ccnworldtech on Telegram and stay updated with latest discussions,informations and hacks --CLICK HERE
DISCLAIMER: We will not be held responsible for any mishap, loss of memory, or any errors that may occur during the process. Make sure you know about Android before applying the following steps.
Same method work for both device. As previously said, Huawei SnapTo and P8 Max bootloader needs to be unlock before we can dive deeper into their ecosystem to plant the root seed. Here is the official way of doing it.
How To Unlock Huawei SnapTo and P8 Max Bootloader
- Go to Huawei Developer page, you’ll be asked to login. At the bottom, click “Register” to sign up.
- In the registration page, you’ll be asked to select your country and insert your phone number. If your country is not on the list, simply select “Register Email Address” at the top of the page.
- Input your email address, password you want to use, and the verification code. Tick i agree and click Register.
- In the next page, confirm the unlocking agreement by ticking “I have read and accept all terms above”, then select next.
A form will pop up which you’ll need to fill with your phone details. They are as follow:
Product Type -> select Smart Phone
Product Model -> select your device (G620-A2 for SnapTo / P8 Max)
Product Serial/IMEI Number -> dial *#06# on the device you want to root, write down the code that display and fill it inside both box. If your phone use two SIM, copy the two IMEI numbers that display and fill it inside each box starting with the first.
Product ID -> dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your device, copy/write down the code that display and insert it inside the box.
Enter the verification code and click the submit button.
First stage is now complete. A 16 digit passcode will be sent to the email you use to register. Copy or write down the code and keep it safe because that’s the key we are going to use to unlock your phone.
Now to the next part. Download and install the following drivers to your PC.
Download Huawei SnapTo and P8 Max driver from here
Let’s unlock your bootloader
- Download and install Minimal ADB/Fastboot (to your PC)
- Enable USB Debugging under Settings -> Device Info -> Tap on build number 7 or 8 times, Developer Options will be activated. Now go to Settings > Developer Options > and activate USB Debugging
- Turn off the phone (make sure you disable fastboot under settings before tuning it off)
- Press and hold the power and volume button at the same to boot into fastboot/bootloader, plug the phone via USB to the PC
- On your PC, go to C:\Program Files\Minimal\ADB and Fastboot folder, press the shift key on the keyboard and right click an empty space inside the folder. Select “Open Command” (make sure you have administrator privilege).
- In the command interface type fastboot oem unlock ****************, replace the (*) with the 16 passcode that was sent to your email earlier, then press the ENTER key
- If you follow this tutorial thoroughly from the beginning you should see a SUCCESSFUL message, the device will auto restart. Congrats! You’ve just unlock your bootloader
Now we can proceed in rooting Huawei SnapTo and P8 Max. PC is not required.
Enable “Unknown Applications” under Settings. Enable internet connection, download and install Kingroot apk file, launch the app and click the root button. The rooting process will start and should be completed within five minutes.
That’s all. If you experienced any problem, don’t hesitate to tell us by droping your comment below. Enjoy.